Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I thought we played some nice "telly" football without ever looking like scoring.  Spittal and Slattery combined very well and have a great understanding.  

Spencer at left wing back struggled a bit.  

Take nothing away from St Mirren who had a game plan and it worked, and scored a well worked goal.

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

I said it above and I will say it again. If in the unlikely event St Mirren fans mainly reacted positively or even sensibly to their win yesterday then I would not bother. I should not anyways but an eye for an eye and all that. 

I very rarely ever find myself winding up or wanting to wind up Ross County, Livi, Hearts, Hibs, Kilmarnock fans / threads etc etc. Very little need. 

I do think it is a St Mirren thing. I popped by the recent Dundee match thread on a couple of occasions and that was a bigger car crash than even this game / thread. One common denominator methinks 🤷‍♂️

Unfortunately this isn't a recent thing for you. You stand out as perma-raging going right back to the time Motherwell had the 3-0 walkover result due to us having covid overturned. You were a slevvering mess back then and you seem committed to that bit since then when it comes to us. I could honestly set my watch on it. 

You can frame it as a wind-up and a St. Mirren supporters thing all you like. If it genuinely is, you're committed as f**k to it and playing the long game brilliantly. 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Unfortunately this isn't a recent thing for you. You stand out as perma-raging going right back to the time Motherwell had the 3-0 walkover result due to us having covid overturned. You were a slevvering mess back then and you seem committed to that bit since then when it comes to us. I could honestly set my watch on it. 

You can frame it as a wind-up and a St. Mirren supporters thing all you like. If it genuinely is, you're committed as f**k to it and playing the long game brilliantly. 

There comes a time for well worn tropes to be retired, for the sake of discussions not being derailed by mind numbing shite. There have been many examples of this from both sides in recent threads between us. Time for a few lads to give their heads a wobble and get back to decent chat.

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I never said it was a recent thing. I said that the only team and fans I find myself wanting to wind up are St Mirren. And here is the truth. I would simply not want to do that if some of your fans were not at it also on a regular basis going back years.

Maybe our two teams have an unfortunate history. The most recent of which is the injury to one of our most promising players and one of the very few strikers we had available to us. And the reaction of your fans to our Manager comments and to the tackle itself. I said it at the time St Mirren fans would have reacted exactly the same if the shoe was on the other foot. 

Fair play to you remembering my posts back over the years. No offence but I cannot remember any of your posts this week, last week, last year or at any time for that matter. Maybe because you are sensible poster. And if that is so then I doff my cap 👏

15 minutes ago, welldaft said:

I said it at the time St Mirren fans would have reacted exactly the same if the shoe was on the other foot. 

Fair play to you remembering my posts back over the years. No offence but I cannot remember any of your posts this week, last week, last year or at any time for that matter. Maybe because you are sensible poster. And if that is so then I doff my cap 👏

Not sure that's quite the case. Jonah Ayunga was injured with a similar challenge at the start of the year if I remember correctly. A lot of our supporters claimed that instead of having a foul against him, we should have had a penalty as it was a foul but there was no blame attributed to the Motherwell player. 

And no offence taken, I only remembered you cos I remember liking your tattoo back when you first started going off on one a coupke years back.

You talk pish but it's a good tatt you have!

13 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Not sure that's quite the case. Jonah Ayunga was injured with a similar challenge at the start of the year if I remember correctly. A lot of our supporters claimed that instead of having a foul against him, we should have had a penalty as it was a foul but there was no blame attributed to the Motherwell player. 

And no offence taken, I only remembered you cos I remember liking your tattoo back when you first started going off on one a coupke years back.

You talk pish but it's a good tatt you have!

Crikey. Should I get a restraining order 😂

You are forgiven and I promise to try and behave in future. Unlikely but I will try 👊

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Interesting to compare the thread on this game with the fairly normal thread with Kilmarnock when we won when a draw would probably have been fair. 

Aye it's 100% weird. I took a wee break from looking. May extend that til middle of the week. 

Enjoyed yesterday's game. Deserve something I thought but sometimes you don't get it. See you middle of the week everyone.

Edited by eliphas

The St. Mirren v Hearts thread for next weekend is already heading down similar lines with hardly any posts from Hearts fans but supposedly the shit-show of a thread for our cup game against them was one-off (as was their thread against Dundee, the one against Aberdeen and the one for yesterday's game).

6 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

The St. Mirren v Hearts thread for next weekend is already heading down similar lines with hardly any posts from Hearts fans but supposedly the shit-show of a thread for our cup game against them was one-off (as was their thread against Dundee, the one against Aberdeen and the one for yesterday's game).

Possibly the common denominator in all of the threads mentioned is - St Mirren didn't lose any of the games(Hearts aside). 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Someone posted a clip of this in the Cup thread, I had no memory of it.  I genuinely don’t see the correlation other than the fact that someone got injured.  The St Mirren player came in on the side, slightly behind the Motherwell player, it wasn’t clear to me that the defender was even aware of his challenge. The ref gave a foul to Motherwell if I remember correctly when play on would have been more than reasonable.

I don’t really want to rehash the Dunne incident as I like the lad and I accept his intention was not to put him out for 3 months, but he left the ground, even if it was only 2 inches and lunged at a player making sure he was bringing that move to an end.

16 minutes ago, ropy said:

Someone posted a clip of this in the Cup thread, I had no memory of it.  I genuinely don’t see the correlation other than the fact that someone got injured

It was nothing like the other challenge or McGinn's.

Let's draw a line under this St Mirren carry on until Dec.

45 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Possibly the common denominator in all of the threads mentioned is - St Mirren didn't lose any of the games(Hearts aside). 

That’s not the common denominator. Whilst you do have some sensible posters amongst you, the majority of posts from St Mirren fans are infantile vitriolic pish by people who I’m guessing are old enough to know better but just can’t help themselves. 

Id hate to see what you start posting when you go on a losing streak , you should be enjoying the good times . Having said that maybe turning every match thread into a bin fire is your collective schtick.

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

27 minutes ago, Stevie Kirk said:

That’s not the common denominator. Whilst you do have some sensible posters amongst you, the majority of posts from St Mirren fans are infantile vitriolic pish by people who I’m guessing are old enough to know better but just can’t help themselves. 

Each to their own and all that but this is very much the energy St Mirren fans seem to be giving at the moment and it's absolutely no surprise that pretty much every match thread they're involved in is an absolute fucking bin fire:

7rkj2z.jpg

31 minutes ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

How come Motherwell are playing this attractive football these ( relative ) days ?

Players , manager , bother , other ?

Kettleball? Stuball? Kettleweball? Kettlewellball? That's what you say these days init? You managers name and "ball"

53 minutes ago, ropy said:

Spitz and Slats running the show - I would categorise it as Other.

Spitz & Slats keeping the Kettle boiling by doing the Bair necessities. Its all grist to the Miller though in Casey you didnt understand that the suSpencer will kill you eventually as its SODs law that we are gonna win the league! 

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

Kettleball? Stuball? Kettleweball? Kettlewellball? That's what you say these days init? You managers name and "ball"

1 hour ago, ropy said:

Spitz and Slats running the show - I would categorise it as Other.

Splatteryball