Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

3 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Bit of a crossover here but did anyone catch our Chairman on the debate thing last night?

I've not watched yet but a few mates did and they weren't full of praise.

I didnt think he said anything too controversial. But by the same token he didnt say anything that had me applauding. 

He's a businessman and a football chairman.

I wouldnt expect his politics to mirror mine just because he is a Motherwell fan.

Not too sure why he would go on to be honest, other than the fee if there is one.

The whole programme was a bit meh.

12 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I watch it. He was very "meh" The whole programme and set up is a complete shit show.
Needs someone who should be able to say to folks "that's fucking stupid" etc.

Yup. There is no reasonable debate on these programmes.

Just a series of people scoring cheap party political points and changing the opinion of no one.

Stopped watching QT years ago and Debate night will be joining it back in the bin.

Edited by joewarkfanclub

55 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

I didnt think he said anything too controversial. But by the same token he didnt say anything that had me applauding. 

He's a businessman and a football chairman.

I wouldnt expect his politics to mirror mine just because he is a Motherwell fan.

Not too sure why he would go on to be honest, other than the fee if there is one.

The whole programme was a bit meh.

Fair summation.

He was invited on as local representative - I believe Mr Burrows had previous offers to do same.

Where I think he missed a trick… He could have at least mentioned the good work our club/community trust do to try and tackle some of the issues raised on the show?

The club were informed of the decision to move our fixture against Rangers to Christmas Eve yesterday afternoon, an hour before the SPFL initially intended to announce publicly. 

Whilst we fully acknowledge that the contract which is currently in place between the SPFL and our main broadcasters allows kick off times to be moved from Saturday to Sunday midday, with an agreed notice period, we believe that moving a major fixture to this date is a special circumstance that should’ve led to additional consultation/ discussion with the club.

We can only apologise to supporters who will be inconvenienced by this move and especially to those who will no longer be able to attend the game. We understand this move is particularly inconvenient for fans who had booked pre match hospitality, which was already sold out.

We are working with suppliers to provide an alternative offering pre and post match. We hope to still see as many of our fans as possible at the game

There's no doubt it's a bugger for fans (at least most of them, I assume) and it'll probably cost the club in terms of hospitality.

But ultimately everyone knew the pros and cons of bending over to take the TV money, it always strikes me as pointless getting too worked up when those cons actually happen.

As much as we weren't brilliant when winning, we're not as hopeless now as it seems.

However, when it's Murray and Brophy winning the game because they're the notably better striking pair, it's quite damning.

I still don't think we'll go down but if, for whatever reason, it turns out Biereth isn't the man, we need to find some serious cash for a striker.

That goal there shows you exactly why Big Bevis shouldn't be anywhere near the team. Miles out of position, no where near the header. A neat little gift to kill the game. 

Not the only offender today but killed any slight hope of coming back.