Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

23 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I don't think he's been away long enough to merit the sort of misty eyed romanticism that Moult coming back did- for me at least. More just that we need somebody who can score 5 or 6 goals between now and the end of the season and he's the obvious candidate. If he does want to score every single week then that's fine too.

He’s barely been away the length of an Obika hamstring injury.

2 minutes ago, redstarcvedza said:

What's Shaun Rooney doing these days ?

Preparing to join Ayr United, id imagine.

5 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

The comments/retweets seem fond of him 🙃

I listen to an Exeter podcast (MyNewFootballClub) and one of the lads on there was a trust member, his brother is now on the board. He's said numerous times that Scott has been fighting a losing battle with their support, certainly seems to have been made bit of a scapegoat. 

Just now, capt_oats said:

Wait...what?

That's not Kevin van Veen? 

In all seriousness though, he's played at a decent level most of his career so must have something about him. However, I like to think I have a good amount of useless football knowledge through playing FM, FIFA, etc. and I couldn't even tell you what position he plays or how he's going to fit into our team. 

When I saw that him and Danny Wilson had both left the US, I wondered if we’d take a look at either of them. No idea what he’s like nowadays, don’t think I’ve seen him play since he was at Hearts about 10 years ago! 

Bit out of the blue that one but good to get another experienced body in I guess. 

2 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Is he that guy that Kettlewell told Scott Burns we had no interest in him?

No.

That was Connor Smith.

9 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

He was mentioned being on trial so not that big a shock but I don't really see how he'll fit in...wingers!

Had no idea he'd been mentioned as being in on trial but either way, coming off the back of c***s talking about Zak Rudden this doesn't feel like the worst.

I'd imagine he'll fit in as either the #10 that Spittal plays or as one of the inside forwards of the 3.

Very much feels like Kettlewell has realised he needs some options to play a bit differently going forward. Thank f**k. 

Strap in lads and ladies, we are going to see 5-2-3 a bit more.

Edited by eliphas

Transfermarkt is a bit ropey with data, but he's predominantly been playing as a winger (across the front three) and occasionally at fullback.

...fine? No idea, but also seems... Fine?

4 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I like him as a player and its really encouraging on paper in terms of how it suggests Kettlewell is planning on setting up. Reckon he'll be shite.

Thought I'd logged into SO by mistake there for a minute.