Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

So, how would we go around requesting a vote on the board?

Just wondering since we've got about 2 weeks before this ballot ends.

If one is needed, any shareholder can call for an EGM which would then take place if the majority support it. I covered it off pages and pages ago but I think we need to everything we can to avoid that taking place; it'll make things even worse in the aftermath of a rejection.

Edited by StAndrew7

13 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

I'm obviously not in the UK to check the printed versions but the Record online has been covering things quite extensively and I'd be surprised if the other papers aren't taking the agency copy.

I'm certainly not taking anything for granted and I'm hoping/expecting the Society will maintain the pace for the full two weeks (I imagine those of us with nothing better to do in life will continue to post bollocks online at least 🙂 but I am quietly confident the good guys will win.

The Record didn't report on the WS statement that outlined the inaccuracies and surprisingly for a red top there's been zero editorial opinion or leaning. The Sun has zero coverage that I could find other than the 10th of June (WSS-Day).

I would give serious consideration to writing a book on the last six months if I didn't think I'd find it almost impossible to get into the non-fiction section.

Can't wait till this shite is over, an absolutely terrible time to be a Motherwell fan. 

Looking forwards to going back to completely ignoring Facebooks existence and my twitter going back to saying (insert players name) is shite 

I would have been heavily against the deal anyway, but I said in a previous post how it was disconcerting how easily he moved the goalposts when his first deal got such a bad press and that it would have given me massive concerns about how much he would move the goalposts once he actually got in post (think what politician has ever delivered what they promise).

Now that he has issued a proposal including figures from a tweet in which the author had subsequently admitted these were inaccurate, that makes me doubt the accuracy and dilligence of every character in his proposal.

I had my reservations about the outcome of this prior to Erik releasing his proposal, but I now surely think even his most ardent of backers must surely see all the red flags.

Just now, Rod said:

The only plausible explanation for the Baramacks proposal winning:

image.png.bcdb1187dc5635e1ee60262d70307c65.png

Well done lads, reject this nonsense.

Or an inexplicable number of new Well Society Members from California.

2 hours ago, Vietnam91 said:

The vote you are asked to make via the post pertains to your membership of the 28.3% of shareholders.

The email you are asked to vote on is to determine the direction of the 71.7% of shares the WS holds.

Were both postal notes in your name? Have you acquired shares at two different periods?

Had another look and it looks like the address is slightly different on them. I'll sort it after the vote

When I was searching the Sun's website for WSS content I couldn't help but notice the most redtop clickbait headline ever.

For context this was reporting on our 2-2 draw against FC Twente:

Screenshot2024-07-08at12_20_24.thumb.png.4729955ae8be6e6a04e1f13f64ea9c29.png

54 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

The Record didn't report on the WS statement that outlined the inaccuracies and surprisingly for a red top there's been zero editorial opinion or leaning. The Sun has zero coverage that I could find other than the 10th of June (WSS-Day).

Fair enough, I'm just going on what I see on NewsNow - if that's the case it's a shame but I'm general the papers are covering the majority of this online at least.

I would imagine most papers would have been reluctant to editorialise prior to EB's launch and by then they'd have planned last weekend... this coming Sunday would be the optimal time for them, I would expect more then, alongside the usual OF gossip.

1 hour ago, Swello said:

Also - "f**k off Jim (respectfully)" is the funniest thing I'll read on twitter today.

Just read the replies on that Tweet, and heartening to see that, with the exception of one person in favour, every one was full of derision, questioning motives, calling for McMahon to go and, most importantly, appear to be very resounding NO's.

I think all those fighting the good fight is starting to reap the rewards and getting the results we're hoping for.

1 hour ago, Swello said:

I'm very wary of echo chambers and anyone that spoke up for the deal on here would get rebutted to death because we've all been violently agreeing for the past couple of months - the main risk is that older, less online WS members that move in more main-standy circles will be voting in good numbers for this (and I don't think that is easy for anyone to detect).

If the stereotype holds that older, less online people vote in greater numbers than (and in the contrary way to) noisy, younger people - this could still be a close thing. It's kind of important that we all make sure any WS member that we know personally has voted..

Hmm. I'm not so sure about that assertion of the riskiest group

Again, anecdotal, but of the group I've referred to before, my dad, and his two pals are there - +70, less online, main stand.  They've been no from the get go. 

The main risk is dafties voting for something that they think looks good and that goes across the age groups. 

You're part in bold is spot on though - any WS member, make sure they vote.

Rejection vote has gone in from me.

McMahon genuinely seems to be losing it and getting more unhinged with every statement.

When the vote doesn't pass, I expect a scooby doo style reveal of Barmack actually wearing a McMahon costume. He'd have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those pesky fans...

1 hour ago, JayMFC said:

I would give serious consideration to writing a book on the last six months if I didn't think I'd find it almost impossible to get into the non-fiction section.

Write that book!

We could make a documentary out of it and sell it to Netflix! 

😆😆😆