Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

If the appeals were upheld as it looks, I think there is literally no point in the club getting wrapped up in it all with statements and all that pish - just get on with it as we've got enough to do to get a decent team on the park and an actual 3-0 pumping off Rangers  on Sunday to prepare for.

Playing against full strength teams months after the event feels unfair of course, as does being dicked about by the SPFL but if we had played the games a few weeks after the original date, there would have been few complaints from anybody.

It is our misfortune that we were the club that were originally affected both with St Mirren and Kilmarnock. One game would have been misfortune but two ! 

How the SPFL have then managed this is frankly ludicrous. Teflon Doncaster will continue on getting his £30k a month. 

These are two big games now and I hope the club and the players are WELL up for these games. Failure to turn up in these games would annoy me more than anything so far this depressing season. 

We have a new Manager and hopefully we can add to the squad also. 

we should have played weakened Killie and St Mirren sides like Hibs did the other night v Celtic. But no we now get to play full strength sides and with new players thrown in. Sounds perfectly fair to me....

Edited by welldaft

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

This is what I remember from Adam Rooney. 

Now I know that's an absolute dive but fucking hell I thought my head was going to explode at Craig Samson for that bit of goalkeeping. 

Bobby Madden you say?

1 hour ago, HibsFan said:

Sorry to pull a RandomGuy and wade into another club's thread with my two cents, but assuming Ainsworth is number 7 down the bottom who's a bit flat footed?

In which case, the defender who half-heartedly 'blocks' the 10mph shot and the keeper who somehow cannot save it are far more to blame than him. :lol:

You're not welcome here with this kind of blaming.

38 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

I think you'll find we've won both the second and third place trophies many times since then.

Show me the medals!

Six points went astray today. 

31 minutes ago, ZX1886 said:

Cups are boring, luck wins them.

Now show us the top division titles you’ve won? emoji16.png

Most Well fans on P&B have not seen you win a major trophy. Ever! 

At least they witnessed an administration when you fleeced many individuals and businesses. Shame on you.

1 hour ago, Ron Aldo said:

I was absolutely livid at Samson for that. I turned into one of those seething messes that sprints down the stairs of the east stand to hurl some abuse.

His trademark move was palming pretty much every shot straight back out to the feet of an opposition player.

It was the fact that he repeated the offence in saving the penalty that had me half way down the Main Stand. 

31 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Most Well fans on P&B have not seen you win a major trophy. Ever! 

At least they witnessed an administration when you fleeced many individuals and businesses. Shame on you.

If you're looking for bites I suggest heading to Steelmen Online, no one on here is particularly bothered or in the least bit surprised about the outcome today, unlucky.

Edited by Mr. Brightside

12 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

If you're looking for bites I suggest heading to Steelmen Online, 

Great tip....

loved the guy looking for financial compensation from SPFL for the reversing of the points award!

I can’t see why Killie were fined. Their crime was according to the SPFL was sitting too close on a bus and at a dining table. They were a metre apart which at the time of the incident was the Scottish Government’s advice. The SPFL rules however were 2 metres. Killie as a result were also made to forfeit a cup game 3-0. The club that gained was Falkirk who were the club that was once denied promotion which led to Motherwell staying up. It’s a vicious circle that keeps revolving. 

Edited by the west curve

Just now, the west curve said:

I can’t see why Killie were fined. 

They were a metre apart which at the time of the incident.

The SPFL rules however were 2 metres.

HTH

Alexander's pre-match was interesting today in terms of his plans.

"I talked last week about trying to improve both ends of the pitch. I think that's games are generally won and lost. I think the record over the past so many months suggests that as well"

Q: Do you still anticipate that there will be, you've said last week that there will be players coming in Steven Lawless is one, do you anticipate that there might be players then going out the door to make room in the squad?

GA: I would think so. I would think so at some stage but I'm concentrating more on bringing people in to improve the team and not just bringing in numbers. It's important that we do improve.

We don't want a massive squad where there's players that are not involved, de-motivated. It's a horrible position for a player to be in. I'd never keep a player in there just in case. You know, three months down the line we might need him, I don't think that's fair on any individual and I like to keep a nice compact squad to keep everyone involved in match day.

I think that generates a good team spirit and a togetherness but obviously if players are not getting the opportunity to play it might not be my decision it might be them coming to see me but January is January and there's always ins and outs.

So, from that we're planning on bringing players in and ultimately looking to nudge players who aren't going to be playing towards the door.

Edited by capt_oats