Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 minutes ago, ropy said:

So he was running towards the opposition goals? Something to build on.

I got the impression he just sort of runs whichever way he's facing until he falls over. 

3 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

IMG_1611893689.002080.jpg

Just noticed this on Instagram. We had him on loan from Middlesbrough last season and he’s recently signed a new deal there. Maybe a loan deal in the offing? Just putting two and two together as he really has no other reason to be in Motherwell right now. 21 year-old winger who made zero impact for us last season.

Was there one of him at Hamilton West 15 mins later?

3 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

He could be going to another Glasgow-ish club I guess, pretty sure Motherwell is the easiest station if you're coming up from the North East of England by train.

:lol: but aye, you have to assume he's signing for us. One of the stranger transfer leaks I've seen if it does pan out.

I mean, he could just be lost.

Tbh, the more interesting side story would be which of Hastie, Seedorf or maybe MacIver might be moving if we're bringing in another erm, ineffective winger?

Guest superward
1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

He was awful, but rapid.

Got put clean through v Ayr, seemed confused about what his feet were doing, punted the ball 10 yards ahead of him straight into the keepers arms, then fell over.

According to Soccerbase he arrived at you guys last day of January, only made one sub appearance and that was being brought on in the 85th minute v Ayr.  Then the season was kyboshed in March.  Is that 5 minutes the basis of your views on him or was there some reserve play/reviews? 

Edited by superward

4 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

IMG_1611893689.002080.jpg

Just noticed this on Instagram. We had him on loan from Middlesbrough last season and he’s recently signed a new deal there. Maybe a loan deal in the offing? Just putting two and two together as he really has no other reason to be in Motherwell right now. 21 year-old winger who made zero impact for us last season.

Haven’t used the station for some time but is that Platform 1, heading south or to Carstairs at least, or is it Platform 4 coming from Hamilton, possibly a reaction to civilisation after a meeting with Rice?

24 minutes ago, ropy said:

Haven’t used the station for some time but is that Platform 1, heading south or to Carstairs at least, or is it Platform 4 coming from Hamilton, possibly a reaction to civilisation after a meeting with Rice?

No, they are doing the station up just now and that is platform 2. That's one of the trains from England. So unless he got on another Train to Hamilton...

24 minutes ago, ropy said:

Redevelopment and station upgrade going on just now, pic is taken from front of an express train on platform 2, looking back towards Shieldmuir direction. 

Definitely looks like he's just arrived in God's country from the South. Absolutely no knowledge of the guy whatsoever, and only the snippets on here from the Saints guys to go on, but another signing lacking in whelm potentially on the cards. 

5 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

I think he would fit the bill, we've been crying out for another winger.

Any reason why he didn't play with you? (only going by wiki)

I’d be lying if I said that I knew. I recall fans being quite excited by Izzy Jones’ arrival as we sometimes tend to be when recruiting completely unknown quantities, but he wasn’t given a shot for one reason or another. So it could be one of a few things: as RG pointed out, he didn’t look great during a very brief sub appearance, which may point towards a lack of quality. On the other hand, maybe be did have quality but we were finally performing pretty well from January onwards and Tommy Wright didn’t want to ‘rock the boat’ in that sense. Then the season ended prematurely, so his opportunities were limited. From watching his Insta stories at the time, he maybe isn’t the brightest individual and quite plausibly might have received a private word in his ear for some of that regular content during his spell at Saints. Tommy was a judge of character as much as a judge of player.

As others say, maybe he’s going somewhere else Glasgow-based. But as a young English player, I’d assume that he wouldn’t have posted that in isolation if ‘Motherwell Railway Station’ wasn’t significant for him (there were no posts, before or after, regarding other stations).

I love this detective work. Thoroughly enjoyable.

17 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Looks like a very dark, late pm or early am pic. 

Perhaps he's en route back to Perth with time on his hands and just stopped off to enjoy our bleak, post industrial landscape to remind him of Middlesbrough. 

There is a popular lift shaft in the vicinity

Popular with Rangers fans from Lesmahagow

I still think it's absolutely madness that people have judged him on literally five minutes [emoji23]

‘People’ would indicate more than one person, but it’s just RG so far. [emoji102] I’ve only listed some hypothetical explanations for why he wasn’t given a chance to start here. One thing I didn’t mention was that his arrival possibly coincided (not 100% sure if my memory serves me right) with Tommy’s successful switch to a 5-3-2/3-5-2 so we were using wing-backs rather than traditional wingers. Regardless of quality, the odds were always stacked against Jones being able to make an impression.

1 hour ago, Luke92 said:

I believe the answer here is: Tommy Wright is a dinosaur who doesn't play youth.

43 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I still think it's absolutely madness that people have judged him on literally five minutes 😂

The only judgement I'd make is that he's not played a lot of fitba'. Clearly I've no idea if he's any good or not because all he seems to have done is played u23 football for Boro'.

The way I see it unless something unexpected happens we'll be perming our front 3 from: Cole, Watt, Lawleff and Long. Going purely on the way they've been used so far and Alexander essentially saying White was traded because he wasn't going to get a game I'd guess the likes of Hastie, Seedorf and MacIver will probably have been told that they'll be looking at the occasional sub appearance.

I get that folk are gagging for some 'names' to come in and tbh Alexander and Lucketti have made a rod for their own back in saying they're not just going to bring in bodies and that any players they do bring in need to improve the team/squad and then lining up a 34 year old who's not getting a game for St Mirren and a 21 year old loanee who doesn't seem to have played a full competitive game in his puff. 

I'd imagine if the bold Isaiah is actually signing and hasn't just ended up on the wrong train then it's a question of lowering expectation to 'is he going to be an improvement on Hastie, Seedorf or MacIver' more than anything.

That said, someone on here was asking for the club to look at loanees from an EPL/Championship side so that's one wish granted.

1 hour ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I still think it's absolutely madness that people have judged him on literally five minutes 😂

I'm not.

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

That said, someone on here was asking for the club to look at loanees from an EPL/Championship side so that's one wish granted.

That would have been me. 

However I was hoping that they may have had some pedigree or experience greater than what it appears Izzy has. Calling him Izzy as if he has signed already. 

Surely has to be a step up on our wide players or I see little point tbh.