Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 minutes ago, one m in Motherwell said:

We're getting well into full rumour mode now. Twitter suggests we're looking at Gael Birgirimana of Coventry.

Me neither.

He's one of the Newcastle players who came up to Rangers and didn't play. By all accounts he's a big player for Coventry (yes, I know they were relegated) http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/coventry-city-must-re-sign-12941773

Also very much fits in with the sort of player we'd be likely to be looking at. 23, out of contract and if that article is anything to go by he was one of Coventry's lower earners.

9 minutes ago, one m in Motherwell said:

Yeah, the Twitter stuff I saw was definitely hoping it wasn't true.

If nothing else it perhaps shows the level we're looking at, although I'd imagine we're casting our net pretty wide this time. Wonder what the illustrious James Gannon is up to this weather...

Aye. I mean f**k knows if there's even anything in it but in terms of profile he fits far more in terms of the sort of player you'd hope we'd be looking at than Willo Flood. At 23 and with a reasonable number of appearances at Premier League (13 with Newcastle), Championship (26 with Coventry) and League 1 (37 also Coventry) level there might even be an argument for there being re-sale potential.

Anyway, sign him up!

Hi guys, sorry to drop in uninvited.
I've now heard from two different sources that we're attempting to bring Craig Samson to the Rock. It's a rumour that's given me the fear, as he seemed to be at fault for a goal every week whenever I saw the highlights on Sportscene. His trademark appeared to be pushing the ball out directly to the striker's feet...
Please tell me this fear is unfounded, and we aren't signing a ginger Mark Brown. Please?
As a total aside Stuart Carswell has officially re-signed for us, and he's been excellent. Immediately looked at home in the team, and played a massive role in our post-Bonnyrigg revival. As well as that I've really developed a liking to him, purely down to his hilarious run of games without a goal.

My sincerest condolences [emoji17]

Reading a few bits and pieces about Bigirimana I've seen a few folk mention that he's on "pennies" at Coventry (figuratively rather than literally I'd hope unless Coventry have some really shady employment practices). There's an article in the local press that says he's one of the senior squad's lowest earners which seems to back it up though, I suppose that's all relative. http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/coventry-city-must-re-sign-12941773

I know no one is going to come to Fir Park to get rich but there's actually quite a lot of boxes that get ticked there in terms of the sort of player we might look at. He's out of contract and there doesn't seem to be much mention of him re-signing. Having said all that, the Coventry fan Twitter account mentions "rumours" about him going to Motherwell, having had a browse about a couple of their fan forums and Twitterland that tweet seems to be the only mention of it even being a thing, there's zero in the local press in terms of speculation about him moving anywhere too.

Not surprised, he scored 8 goals last season for Inverness and half of them came in 2 games against us. 

Although to be fair to the guy he didnt seem to get much of a look in last season and he did have the third best goals to minutes ratio of anyone in the league last season according to SPL stats.

Fisher is a good enough all round player.  Big and strong enough to play with his back to goal; intelligent and just about mobile enough to play on the last shoulder.

It's inevitable that Boyce will be sold by County so I was looking at him as a natural fit at County beside Schalk/Curran.