Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

9 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I know a lot of people in the wider Scottish football environ seem to quite like him but I think he's a p***k tbqh. Maybe he'll be proven right but I think it's more likely we finish top 5 and they go down than the other way around. Hopefully we'd stop signing their fucking jobbers in that scenario.

Nah, I think he's a helmet anaw. Everyone seems to like his "Cheeky ned" approach. He's a fud.

I've kept a lot of the original tops due to nostalgia although by the looks of some of them, I must have worn them with a frequency that would embarrass a celtic supporter. The Luminous away top from the 90's however is mint as I literally wore it once. By the sounds of this thread, I should be firing that onto eBay. 

King of the shiters is a late 80's Stevie Cowan era "Matchwinner" top - we obviously went for a sunday league template catalogue brand that year. It was the first strip I bought - a process that involved disturbing a grumpy secretary through a wee window in a corridor inside the main stand - at which point she took it out an unmarked drawer before snatching the money off me - genuinely terrifying.

I bought it on the day of this game (worth watching for a Dave McPherson Red card, a cracking 2nd goal and Derek Rae using some bizarre BBC Received Pronunciation on commentary).

4 minutes ago, Swello said:

a process that involved disturbing a grumpy secretary through a wee window in a corridor inside the main stand

woooft that's a throwback. I remember that wee corridor. I'd often bump into players in there when with ma da.

1 minute ago, Busta Nut said:

woooft that's a throwback. I remember that wee corridor. I'd often bump into players in there when with ma da.

Totally! I said "hi" in a small voice to Davie Cooper in that corridor - probably the best thing that had happened to me at that point :lol:

19 minutes ago, Swello said:

It was the first strip I bought - a process that involved disturbing a grumpy secretary through a wee window in a corridor inside the main stand - at which point she took it out an unmarked drawer before snatching the money off me - genuinely terrifying.

This was my first experience of buying a Motherwell shirt when I was a wee guy as well. My Mum took me in although it was a slightly later Matchwinner shirt than yours. The '89/90 one was my first...still have it.

GD18701066.jpg

6 hours ago, Swello said:

bought it on the day of this game (worth watching for a Dave McPherson Red card, a cracking 2nd goal and Derek Rae using some bizarre BBC Received Pronunciation on commentary).

Derek Rae had such a weird accent back then, he wasn't long back from the States and wasn't quite sure what to do with his vowels any more.

Edited by Gallus Numpty

When does the loan window close for lower league clubs? Is it tomorrow night?

I think it’s only Max Johnson we’ve sent out so far but I think we could do with a few more heading out for some game time - Cornelius, Morrison and Devine being the main ones. Get Lawless punted anawl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by dezz

16 minutes ago, dezz said:

I think it’s only Max Johnson we’ve sent out so far but I think we could do with a few more heading out for some game time - Cornelius, Morrison and Devine being the main ones. Get Lawless anawl.

Aye, it's the end of the month. I guess it depends on what the injury situation is like with those players.

Cornelius was coming back from a knee issue he picked up in the Betfred groups. He had an IG post up on the 15th suggesting he's back kicking a baw.

Outwith the #YoungMotherwell bois there are a couple who could probably do with a loan. Along with Lawleff you've also got Shields and Crawford as for all he's been on the bench the past couple of weeks it seems pretty unlikely he's going to actually get on the park.

28 minutes ago, dezz said:

I think it’s only Max Johnson we’ve sent out so far but I think we could do with a few more heading out for some game time - Cornelius, Morrison and Devine being the main ones. Get Lawless anawl.

Connolly is also at Gretna.  Had a decent game on the telly last week.  

27 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Ojala called up for Finland. That's what happens when you play for a massive club.

Take note Declan Gallagher.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Interesting that (presumably on the back of good club form) he's been recalled. He looked a bit shaky at Dundee on his debut but has been just what we were crying out for apart from that. He also looks like he's enjoying himself and (my personal mark of a good player) he's usually one of the first into a goal celebration rammy.

23 minutes ago, Swello said:

Interesting that (presumably on the back of good club form) he's been recalled. He looked a bit shaky at Dundee on his debut but has been just what we were crying out for apart from that. He also looks like he's enjoying himself and (my personal mark of a good player) he's usually one of the first into a goal celebration rammy.

He looked spectacularly short of match sharpness even up to the Livingston game but since then he's been class. Looks like he just absolutely loves defending. 

2 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I've decided against it.

A big weekend after for Israel then Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbot.

The Beautiful South gigs back in the day we're totally fuckin' magic btw, some of the best drunken karaoke gigs of the time...!

Ironically, my one and only time seeing Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbot was in the O2 Academy, same night as The Who were playing Quadrophenia at The SSE Hydro...

I'm now in a The Who covers...we're playing a charity gig (GrungeFest for Diabetes UK) at The Classic Grand...starting at the exact same time that the Scotland v Israel game kicks off...!!