Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

58 minutes ago, scmwell said:
Has it been announced how many tickets Celtic are getting for next game ?

Only that it’s been reduced. Sections to the left of the south stand (lower/upper) are shut due to the stairway being used by the players as far as I’m aware.

Think the away allocation will be slightly bigger than what Rangers got in the play-offs. Is funny reading Celtic fans complaining about not being able to get a ticket. 

Edited by ZX1886

Guest superward

Covid protocols no longer mandatory according to the SFA update today.

So you'd think that the red zones will be scrapped and revert to full allocation now. 

Edited by superward

Guest superward

The club had to reduce away capacities in the south stand due to the red zone stuff. They don't need to any more so I'm guessing the full stand will be reinstated as available.

Edited by superward

17 hours ago, ZX1886 said:

Only that it’s been reduced. Sections to the left of the south stand (lower/upper) are shut due to the stairway being used by the players as far as I’m aware.

Think the away allocation will be slightly bigger than what Rangers got in the play-offs. Is funny reading Celtic fans complaining about not being able to get a ticket. 

Where are you reading about their complaints? I'd love to have a gander at that 

Just wondering if tickets will be avilable for the Dundee United away game? 

I've been to 3 away games this season.... and we lost all 3 (2-0 airdrie, 1-0 Dundee and 2-0 hearts). I really hopping to watch an away win for once after my last one (the 3-2 against hearts with that seedorf strike).

I assume there shouldn't be any issues as the red zones have since been relaxed.

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

I know xG isn't for everyone, I normally give it a swerve as well but our placement on this plot graph is...interesting?

Aye that's not for me.

All that said to me was Motherwell scored a lot of their attempted shots.

24 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Aye that's not for me.

All that said to me was Motherwell scored a lot of their attempted shots.

Ha! I just read your Tweet reply to Jay not long after I posted that.

Nah, what interested me was the fact that we're way closer to the "Higher Quality chances created" side of things along with somewhere in the middle of higher/lower quality chances faced.

I wouldn't 100% hang my hat on it but it kind of speaks to what we're doing in terms of creating chances and also defensively (despite us seeming to give up a lot of shots on goal).

Edited by capt_oats

35 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Ha! I just read your Tweet reply to Jay not long after I posted that.

Nah, what interested me was the fact that we're way closer to the "Higher Quality chances created" side of things along with somewhere in the middle of higher/lower quality chances faced.

I wouldn't 100% hang my hat on it but it kind of speaks to what we're doing in terms of creating chances and also defensively (despite us seeming to give up a lot of shots on goal).

It'll be because you don't have morons like Shaun Rooney shooting from 40 yards every week, and probably have less headed chances too.

One weakness of "xG per shot" is a couple of "bad" shooting decisions drag the average down. Teams below you on that chart could be creating far more better chances, they're just mixing it with low xG chances too.

Probably should be looking at the amount of chances over, say, 0.25xG instead, but that's a lot of work until you learn how to scrape FotMob.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It'll be because you don't have morons like Shaun Rooney shooting from 40 yards every week, and probably have less headed chances too.

One weakness of "xG per shot" is a couple of "bad" shooting decisions drag the average down. Teams below you on that chart could be creating far more better chances, they're just mixing it with low xG chances too.

Probably should be looking at the amount of chances over, say, 0.25xG instead, but that's a lot of work until you learn how to scrape FotMob.

That sounds entirely feasible. 

Where it's interesting in our case is that we're one of the teams with lower shots numbers which suggests that we're more focused on creating higher quality chances rather than, as you say, just having digs at goal from wherever.