Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, Neil86 said:

Louis moult at hampden for the Ed sheeran gig last night, obviously twitter going mad with come home tweets. One of which he liked. It's a slow news summer so might as well put it out there.

Heart says yes please, brain says it's a fitness gamble.

Louis is sadly done, his knees are knackered, it would be just throwing money away.

19 minutes ago, Desp said:

Nothing good can come of us signing Louis Moult. He's barely kicked his own arse since he left us, his knee(s) appears shot to pieces and he's now in his 30s. 

He was a fantastic player for us, but let the past stay in the past. 

Whit. Get him back up the road.

We need another true striker to back up KVV. The club is running low on Motherwell stalwarts right now. Perfect time for him to come back

it is a risk but one worth taking.

2 hours ago, Desp said:

A relegation kit if ever I've seen one.

I mean, were we not relegated in the original? So that's 100% accurate.

I like the kit enough but as I said in the kits thread it definitely feels like it's the sort of design where it hits different for the demographic who maybe have more of an affection for that era.

It's slightly before my time so as a 'throwback' I've no real connection to the players or that generation of a team, it wasn't my first strip as a wee guy or anything (shoutout Matchwinner).

C2znb0hXUAAkpgE?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, Desp said:

Nothing good can come of us signing Louis Moult. He's barely kicked his own arse since he left us, his knee(s) appears shot to pieces and he's now in his 30s. 

This is were I am with Louis Moult.

A great player for us I don't want that legacy tarnished.

5 hours ago, Desp said:

I think it's horrific, tbf. 

A relegation kit if ever I've seen one.

4 hours ago, Desp said:

I agree with both of Desp's unpopular opinions.

I loved Moult so, so much, one of my favourite ever players for a) scoring goals, b) being sound and c) being snide as f**k.

He'll never be what he was, he might be alright, but according to Soccerbase he's started less than 20 games since he left.

I'm saft as rain so like looking at players charts when I see them mentioned on here, so looked for Moult. 

Based on league fixtures alone, hes not had a 450+ minute season since 2018/19 according to WyScout. I only include players with 448+ mins (it honestly bugs me to f**k thats one of the settings) and thats the only season hes shown in.

6 hours ago, Yorky said:

Because it’s the best home kit in donkeys years, how can anyone not like it ?

I'm with Desp.

Better throwback (if you're looking for one) would be an homage to 70 years on from 1952 for me but that would have required a band and I can understand the clubs rationale behind not wanting it three years on the trott but a throwback to a largely meh time 8th of 10 in the league despite Brian McClair.

Positive is opposite to our player contracts of late, modern times we now have moved to 1 year deals for strips.

5 hours ago, Desp said:

He's had about 4 properly serious injuries since he left. I really, really hope it doesn't happen.

His first spell is the most perfect signing I can remember for us so let's leave it there.

Mentioned this a few times but I always chuckle at my massively underwhelmed first exposure to Louis Moult, when my mate from Stoke messaged me and said "apparently yous have signed a guy I play 5's with" 🤣

The Louis Moult chat seems to have come up every year since he left and its always the same clowns on Twitter (folk will know who I'm on about) that suggest it.

As much as I love him, the guy is held together with masking tape these days. A firm no from me.

Moult was great for us, a real find, but he was fit at that point. The fact he’s barely kicked a ball since he left, throws up too many red flags for me. 

Can’t understand the obsession with some of our fans about bringing back former players anyway, apart from McFadden (first time) it rarely works out (McCormack, Ojamma, Brian McClair)

Just for a laugh, I always like to remember the opening weeks of 2015/16 and some absolute twat in the cooper stand* saying that Wes Fletcher had more about him than Louis Moult.

*(me)

4 minutes ago, CoF said:

Just for a laugh, I always like to remember the opening weeks of 2015/16 and some absolute twat in the cooper stand* saying that Wes Fletcher had more about him than Louis Moult.

*(me)

Fletcher was bought as our main striker in front of Moult. Scored in the first game of the season, Inverness I think, then got injured , was never the same again. Moult got his chance. Fletcher was a dick anyway