Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Looking at the comments on Stockport's Twitter announcement that he was coming to us, there's the usual few saying he's humpty but the majority, I'd say, seem to think he has something about him. Direct and causes defences problems, apparently. I'll have some of that.

9 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Looking at the comments on Stockport's Twitter announcement that he was coming to us, there's the usual few saying he's humpty but the majority, I'd say, seem to think he has something about him. Direct and causes defences problems, apparently. I'll have some of that.

Can he play centre half tho?

7 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Can he play centre half tho?

Nae need. Nathan McGinley is going to magically reappear as a ginger Baresi to plug the gaps at the back and ping delicious diagonals into corners for wee Cranky to chase and terrorise defences. After all the recent unnecessary fretting, it's all coming together.

He was a decent wee winger in the limited spell he was at us. Surprised he's never kicked on. Was getting better each game with us and growing in confidence. If the season wasn't curtailed early he'd have grown into being an important player that season.

We really have some right goons in our support. 

From those who tweet and abuse Burrows to now those that think the world is going to stop and we are going to die as a club because he has left. Get a grip FFs. Seems a lot of people are more invested in him running the club rather than how the club has been run.

The whole birthday card pish of ‘don’t know what we have lost until it’s gone’ can go in the bin aswell. Let’s just see how it plays out FFs. 

Hes clearly not happy in the role at the moment and it’s clear. Everyone knows he hasn’t had his health worries to seek so maybe this is best for him, for the club and overall for us. 

27 minutes ago, Swello said:

Olly Crankshaw sounds like the answer to the question "Who was your best pal growing up Grimmy?"

Good luck to him.

Union rep at the factory in Peaky Blinders was my first thought….

We ever had an Ollie play for us before? Oliver to give him his Sunday name. Not that I can think. 

2 hours ago, Swello said:

Olly Crankshaw sounds like the answer to the question "Who was your best pal growing up Grimmy?"

Good luck to him.

Everyone knows Grimmys best pal growing up was Kes. 🐦

Olly Crankshaw lived in the same village and delivered Hovis up a massive hill on his bike.

So by my reckoning its:

Centre half deemed one for the future so expect to see him in an 'fishal social video entitled "KvV's Cribs".

Right back recalled from loan (so feels like a new player, understudy but ahead of a Scottish internationalist)

Attacking Midfielder

Right Winger

I'm sure a lot of us would feel better if the 2 more centre defenders, hard as f**k hatchet man ball winner plus the 20 a season striker were announced in advance of these guys, but as our soon to be P45'd supremo has conveyed, you have little influence over the timescale in January. 7 bits of business this window though ......

Fuckin massive

Brisbane Roar boss expects Danzaki to be in the squad for their weekend game.(https://thewest.com.au/sport/soccer/roar-address-danzakis-motherwell-links-c-9438386)

Which, luckily enough, is on BT Sport 1 Saturday from 6am if anyone fancies a deek at oor new boy. 

Of course, that could all change on a couple of fronts.