Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

6 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

In short, you really only need to look at his role in the “civil war” at Thistle to get an idea of why he maybe wouldn’t be a great hire.

Aye, I must admit I don't follow the inner workings of thistle in detail. Was it him who sparked it or has he just found himself having to pick one of two sides battling over the fan ownership thing?

With is at least established in that regard you'd hope it's not an issue at FP for whoever is next.

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

I know I'd mentioned the other day about previous managers and their league runs before being emptied and suchlike I just noticed that Hammell's current run of 1 win in 15 is equal to the wheels coming off under Alexander at the start of last year but also that Alexander actually picked up more points in that run (9) than Hammell has (7).

Also, in terms of actual minds being blown - Hammell's now 2 (TWO) wins in 20 (TWENTY) league games.

We've won 2 league games since August.

Very much raking over old coals, preaching to the choir etc but also...fucking hell. It's legitimately nuts that he's still in position.

Alexander's last 20 league games = 21 points

Screenshot2023-02-10at09_56_53.thumb.png.7799753a3aeb6d6de3cc378090c4ea32.png

Hammell's last 20 league games = 11 points

Screenshot2023-02-10at09_55_00.thumb.png.7ba61cde7e401cae405a911c5960bf99.png

:lol: I wasnt sure how much this season had worn me down until I looked at this and thought that Alexander's record looked basically fine in comparison. 

Just now, Archie McSquackle said:

Where do you think the ball would have ended up if it was squared to him? 

I've got Gerry's email address through work although I'm sure the club would already have it.

I imagine that's exactly why he wanted it! 😂

2 hours ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Aye, I must admit I don't follow the inner workings of thistle in detail. Was it him who sparked it or has he just found himself having to pick one of two sides battling over the fan ownership thing?

With is at least established in that regard you'd hope it's not an issue at FP for whoever is next.

@jagfox is probably better placed to speak on the state of Thistle in that respect but certainly Britton has been CEO while the former board were up to their shenanigans.

3 hours ago, eliphas said:

Yes, I'm looking forward to the scoffing and tutting of whoever we appoint I have to say. Haha.

Aye, don’t get me wrong I’m not expecting us to be attracting any candidates from Fortune 500 companies but it’s fair to say that there are people with CEO roles in Scottish fitba’ that it’d be sensible to swerve.

Edited by capt_oats

6 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Aye, don’t get me wrong I’m not expecting us to be attracting any candidates from Fortune 500 companies but it’s fair to say that there are people with CEO roles in Scottish fitba’ that it’d be sensible to swerve.

Aye without doubt. With the way Partick, in that example, have been run it doesn't shout hire me hire me for sure.

Hard to judge Britton, in a good light. He's been in situ since Ian Maxwell took a similar role with the SFA.

We've been through the ringer since, even dropping to League 1 then bouncing back. 

He certainly seems to back the manager as best as possible but we gave been eating into our cash reserves and we're not too sure where we are at since the eventual transfer of shares. Latest was we overspent by £215000 to achieve a pointless ( in terms of promotion) 4th place.

We seemed to recruit well in the Summer and again McCall was well backed going by the likes of Jack McMillan, Harry Milne and Stevie Lawless rocking up at Firhill while retaining Scott Tiffoney and Kyle Turner.

He backed the board during the takeover malarkey but as an employee I guess he had to, to a degree. There was dubiety with his role in the PTFC Trust issues but seems to have escaped Flak due to Kim Jung Low, Roughie and the rest of the board being shown the door (bar one).

Has been retained by interim board so they must be happy/ unwilling to rock the boat too much at the moment.

TL;DR There are issues not sure how/ complicit Gerry is/ was.

You can have him and McCall of you like? A BOGOF if you like...💛❤️😂

5 minutes ago, Big John Handsome said:

I'm assuming tomorrow will be similar to Arbroath in that there won't be anywhere to stream the game? Mrs is away for the weekend so having to give it a miss looking after the dug. 

Does appear that way. Apparently the Arboath stream wasn't available due too the BBC. Not sure if it comes down to licensing or not. 

3 hours ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I'm sure there's a quote kicking about somewhere with him saying he's glad McDonald never squared it because he's that much of a Sellick fan he'd have found it hard to bring himself to tap it in.

Aye, can’t remember if it was on a podcast or in an interview but I’m sure the quote was something along the lines of ‘if he’d squared it to me, the ball would have cleared the stand’. 

7 minutes ago, dezz said:

Aye, can’t remember if it was on a podcast or in an interview but I’m sure the quote was something along the lines of ‘if he’d squared it to me, the ball would have cleared the stand’. 

I know it looks like World War One footage but I never noticed that before that he just trudged back up the park after it nestles in the net. Nevertheless hope he enjoyed it.

Everything looking towards a tasty cup tie and in Motherwell style. Supposedly as many as 12 out tomorrow… most likely that’ll change by tomorrow but lamie and mcginn are 2 of them.

For the sake of the club I hope we win this game and we urgently need to start winning games but I still won’t be backing hammell until I see players actually play for the badge and put in the required effort.