Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

23 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

KVV seems to have found an extra 5-10% from somewhere but I don't think there's necessarily any malice in it. It's probably harder to motivate yourself to chase down lost causes when you're the team's only goal threat, receiving weird instructions and seeing fucking Connor Shields next to you than when the other 10 know what they're supposed to be doing and you're now playing with a strike partner.

Formation and tactics aswell tbh.

He actually has support up top and doesn’t need to do it all himself. Allows KVV more ability to run and create. 

13 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

Formation and tactics aswell tbh.

He actually has support up top and doesn’t need to do it all himself. Allows KVV more ability to run and create. 

Aye for some people all call him greedy etc he's more than happy to interplay if there's somebody actually near him.

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

2 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

:)

I look forward to seeing with him too .

Cheers for the translation.  One of my lockdown projects was to learn kanji , then I remembered I was still working full time and had 3 kids to home school so that went out the window.  

I would defer the manager decision for another week.

Kettlewell has had two 3 day projects at which he has excelled.

That is different to a longer term gig where planning and keeping a squad motivated is concerned.

However a third win or at least a sequence of improved performances could trump any concerns.

If you didnt want Kettlewell 2 games ago is it wise to want him now?

If you think McCann is a better option then you surely go with that, despite how well youve done.

A decent squad who are now getting the freedom to express themselves in a shape that makes it simple for them. But before long it'll need more than that and im not sure its smart to commit to Kettlewell now considering how things went for him at County.

It's got to be Kettlewell until the end of the season for me, no point in ripping it up and starting again, again, under a 4th manager this season. If it does go tits up he can have his old job back and we'd probably get a similar level of quality to Holloway or McCann in the summer anyway.

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

The red top stories have been suggesting that our preference is a short term appointment until the summer. If that's the case then keep Kettlewell in place and bounce in some coaches to ease the Reserves/u18s load then see where we are come the end of the season.

Very not into just repeating the mistake we made with Hammell all the same.

Also, extremely walking back on my "I'd be happy enough with Holloway" take from the other week.

I had my suspicions that he'd be a bit gammony from his general vibe but finding out he's been shilling on GB News with Nigel fucking Farage then count me strongly in the "get this c**t so far to f**k" camp.

Edited by capt_oats

4 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I had my suspicions that he'd be a bit gammony from his general vibe but finding out he's been shilling on GB News with Nigel fucking Farage then count me strongly in the "get this c**t so far to f**k" camp.

I really hope Oxborough is up to it.Screenshot_20230219_160750_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5382ae214c633247dc18869f07b6e53f.jpg

5 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

The red top stories have been suggesting that our preference is a short term appointment until the summer. If that's the then keep Kettlewell in place and bounce in some coaches to ease the Reserves/u18s load then see where we are come the end of the season.

Very not into just repeating the mistake we made with Hammell all the same.

Also, extremely walking back on my "I'd be happy enough with Holloway" take from the other week.

I didn't know he was a gammon, but I strongly suspected it. 

If we're looking for a short term appointment it needs to be kettlewell now. We can give the youth teams the rest of the season off.

We were great. The first 5 minutes had me worried it would be a long day but after that we battered them. 

Butcher & Casey are a huge upgrade on Lamie/Sol/Mugabi and McGinn looks comfortable on the right of a back 3. The children we've deployed at wing back are both great. 

I could go through the whole team today but considering this is the same squad that made a hole of themselves last weekend in the cup you have to wonder what the f**k we've been up to.