Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

4 hours ago, Neil86 said:

From what I have seen of him, which is a few first team games, and a couple of reserve appearances, he looks good technically, as do most of the Japanese players in the league but the physicality is more of an issue. I suspect it will take him a bit of time to get up to speed with the league, and the lifestyle, I think Kettlewell has said at much, bear in mind he is only 22.

You only have to look as far as Glasgow at Iwata and Kobayashi, who have really yet to make a huge impact on the Celtic first team yet having coming from a similar background, and i'd imagine settling in to a group that already has a number of japanese players isn't quite as difficult. I don't think Danzaki speaks a lot, if any English.

Aye, it feels harsh to be making any decisions on him one way or another given his age and the fact he's relocated half-way round the world along with the whole adapting to a different league and different culture thing.

I mean, it took Ally Gorrin at least 6 months before he began to look like a pler. He may end up being the second coming of Nakamura, he may not but either way he's only been here 2.5 months and has already seen the manager who signed him launched out the door so it's probably a bit early to be filing him in the Casper Sloth bin (also, has he not been carrying an injury recently?).

That said, it's probably a legitimate question to ask of Hammell's priorities in that January window seeing as the Danzaki deal probably definitely took a lot of time and effort to get done yet we've managed to end up with 3 players for the same role (Spittal, Danzaki and Tierney) and Hammell seemed to think he could just pitch him straight in.

It's also a wee reminder for the more easily excitable element of our fanbase to maybe temper their expectations a bit.

Edited by capt_oats

26 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I'm not going to judge him prematurely or harshly and understand he needs time to settle in, but I can't understand why he can't take a seat on a nine man bench that has three centre backs on it. 

I'm pretty sure that Ketts clarified in one of his press conferences that he'd been injured recently and is only just coming back to kicking a baw. I mean, that would explain it...

Same with Tierney, apparently he had a set back with his recovery.

Here we go...18 min 15 seconds.

Ross Tierney (Groin)
Riku Danzaki (Ankle)

Edited by capt_oats

Danzakis in the unfortunate position of being a small agile player who best central at a Scottish side.

Can't say anything about Kettlewells plans for him as I've not a clue, but in general these players get forced out wide because coaches think they can't survive the central midfield battle. Out wide they struggle as theres less angles to move forward into and they aren't quick enough to beat most full backs.

He'd probably be at his best for you playing just off Obika with wingers either side, but instead you'll probably get ~12 games from him out wide, from the start and as a sub, next season before he moves on.

6 hours ago, capt_oats said:

It's also a wee reminder for the more easily excitable element of our fanbase to maybe temper their expectations a bit.

Och where's the fun in that! 😆

Most of our signings are decidedly "meh"......

Its nice to get a "thinking out of the box" player to salivate over until he plays his first game and we realise he is shite! 😆

4 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Shout out to @Al B cos his tunes are class.

Haha! Well thank you my man....very much appreciated! New one DROPPING (as the cool kids say) over the next few weeks 🙌

I've been checking the twitter accounts for the Scottish Premiership teams since they removed the legacy marks yesterday. The gold tick cost around £1,000 per month so I think its a waste.

The motherwell account no longer has it, but it seems a few clubs are still paying for it now.

• Rangers
  • Celtic
  • Hibs

2 hours ago, Phillips455 said:

I've been checking the twitter accounts for the Scottish Premiership teams since they removed the legacy marks yesterday. The gold tick cost around £1,000 per month so I think its a waste.

The motherwell account no longer has it, but it seems a few clubs are still paying for it now.

• Rangers
  • Celtic
  • Hibs

Surely Rangers can't. or in a few months will not be able to afford those payments?