Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

5 hours ago, Pettigrew said:

His Wiki page is an amazing and depressing read in equal measure:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hughie_Ferguson

Such a tragic end to an amazing career. Almost a goal a game over 300 games is ridiculous.   KVV needs another 250 goals over his next 240 games to equal it, but he's started well.

I haven't learned enough about players and teams of past generations. It would be cool if our media team did some stuff on this, maybe videos with that guy who's voice we always use, or we could get our commentary guy to mispronounce names and slag off refs on top of old footage.

1 hour ago, rowsdower said:

Such a tragic end to an amazing career. Almost a goal a game over 300 games is ridiculous.   KVV needs another 250 goals over his next 240 games to equal it, but he's started well.

I haven't learned enough about players and teams of past generations. It would be cool if our media team did some stuff on this, maybe videos with that guy who's voice we always use, or we could get our commentary guy to mispronounce names and slag off refs on top of old footage.

Cracks me up that he still thinks that Ross County centre-back is called Lacovitti. We should sign him and see if it clicks.

29 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Hope we start coming out the tunnel to this:

2 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

@well fan for life you can go and sit on the naughty step for exposing us all to that.

Oh, I don't know. If big Sammy pumps this out in the Club 100 beer garden when I'm 6 or 7 pints deep before the game on Sunday, I could see me getting on board, wee shitey dance and all.

15 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Oh, I don't know. If big Sammy pumps this out in the Club 100 beer garden when I'm 6 or 7 pints deep before the game on Sunday, I could see me getting on board, wee shitey dance and all.

What about deepthroating a frankfurter too?

18 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

I was in Rotterdam last year for that Netherlands - Argentina game and, let me tell you, when an entire pub is bouncing around to that it is some carry on.

18 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

What about deepthroating a frankfurter too?

Not gonna lie, I've got a horrifically bad gag reflex so I'd struggle, but I'm a thoroughly modern and open minded guy, and after the 6 or 7 pints I alluded to I'll be willing to give anything a go. Last day of the season, sun shining, comfortable safety, bank holiday, free flowing beer and loose inhibitions. Beautiful Sunday indeed. 

17 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Not gonna lie, I've got a horrifically bad gag reflex so I'd struggle, but I'm a thoroughly modern and open minded guy, and after the 6 or 7 pints I alluded to I'll be willing to give anything a go. Last day of the season, sun shining, comfortable safety, bank holiday, free flowing beer and loose inhibitions. Beautiful Sunday indeed. 

While you're googling how to deep throat sausages, KVV is researching how to do the slosh in preparation for his elaborate 30 goal celebration.

10 hours ago, well fan for life said:

I was in Rotterdam last year for that Netherlands - Argentina game and, let me tell you, when an entire pub is bouncing around to that it is some carry on.

Same in Mayrhofen during apres, whole bar we were in was Dutch.... probably similar to drunk Scots and Loch lomond or the proclaimers.

1 hour ago, Self-raising Lazarus said:

Same in Mayrhofen during apres, whole bar we were in was Dutch.... probably similar to drunk Scots and Loch lomond or the proclaimers.

My Dutch pal explained what they're actually singing about. It basically translates as "it's better to be too fat to fit in your coffin than miss the party".

You can only say fair play.