Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Arfield is a dodgy signing, IMO. He rarely done much but score for one of the most dominant sides in the league. Hefty feeling whoever signs him will just assume he can be a playmaker based on the levels he played at and it'll be a disaster all round.

Maybe by way of giving KVV an incentive to stay at FP he might want to set his sites on the world record for consecutive competitive goals.

Seemingly some Peruvian guy in the Peuvian 2 nd division racked up 47 games on the bounce back in the day.

Can just see KVV salivating at the thought😏

8 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

He'll be wanting the three league cup games before he's offski.

A friend thinks he'll stay, I wonder what the bookies odds on that are?

Did the online stalkers ever confirm where his missus is from? If she's local, she/he/they might not fancy a massive move as the family as starting... I'd hope we're at least asking the question if he'd sign a year extension for a wad of cash now and a relatively modest release clause (which covers our extra commitment plus a little more) for summer 2024.

I hope this Arfield chat is just chat. Even if he's saved all his money, surely his weekly is more than we would offer atm.

Plus I just think he always looks like a smug p***k tbh. Wouldn't fit in with the Mugabi/Mandron/Obika effect of filling the squad with nice guys

3 hours ago, underboyleheating said:

Motherwell record holders…

image.thumb.jpeg.5cef6b44e29b902df74137586c34fdf8.jpeg

When Raith papped us it seemed this strip would get tae f**k rarely to surface again. Kev's run and record equalling (for now) exploits means the strip however has other ideas.

25 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

When Raith papped us it seemed this strip would get tae f**k rarely to surface again. Kev's run and record equalling (for now) exploits means the strip however has other ideas.

I immediately and instinctively liked the strip.

I've always liked and defended, all fucking season, the strip.

I've been castigated and direded for liking and defending the strip.

I'm now in a place watching the last few months of KKVV matching century old scoring records, and laughing out loudly at the mere suggestion of the curse of relegation because of the strip, all of which are now bound firmly in history.

I'm glad I immediately and instinctively liked the strip.

I'd gladly see a future return of the strip.

6 hours ago, KirkySuperSub said:

I immediately and instinctively liked the strip.

I've always liked and defended, all fucking season, the strip.

I've been castigated and direded for liking and defending the strip.

I'm now in a place watching the last few months of KKVV matching century old scoring records, and laughing out loudly at the mere suggestion of the curse of relegation because of the strip, all of which are now bound firmly in history.

I'm glad I immediately and instinctively liked the strip.

I'd gladly see a future return of the strip.

Our recent run has largely involved the strip, we wore white on Wednesday and dropped points.

14 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

There's been a disappointing lack of the neon yellow one, imo. Away to Arbroath is about it eh. 

It's a banger.

St. Mirren away as well, only time I saw it in the flesh, my eyes are still adjusting.

2 hours ago, KirkySuperSub said:

St. Mirren away as well, only time I saw it in the flesh, my eyes are still adjusting.

Great that it was for charity, and seeing a few dotted around the stands on match days is fine. Watching 10 players run around the park in them, not so much.

This is the most I've missed 'Flow at the club. Normally I've seen the mock-up's of the final 3 choices for home/away, and the release photos of the real thing by now. Feeling so lost tbh....just want him back.

Come on random employee who's multi-tasking for buttons! Home kit by now at least!

I know Flow had his reasons for moving on (and he was right in all of them, tbf) but it's things like signing off on the new strips or thinking about the design of a potential new stadium - who the f**k is now taking charge of things like that?

I always had the comfort of knowing a proper fan, and a good c**t, like Flow was signing these things off and, for strips especially, we wouldn't be getting hit with absolute shockers.

I think I might turn into the boy on Twitter who kept tweeting the club account, "£2.50 for a Ribena! f**k off Burrows!!" to whoever the next CEO is.

I very rarely buy football tops these days as a man in his 30s, but I bought the lumi one. I'm not sure if I liked it as a kit, or that I have a proper nostalgic connection to the first one from 1997/98. That was my first season with a season ticket, my dad bought me the top after winning the 50/50 draw after we beat Dunfermline in the lead up to Christmas and I watched us beat Rangers 2-1 a day before my birthday wearing it, courtesy of a Willie Falconer diving heider.

It's a shame that all lumi 2.0 has is Mandron's double in Arbroath.