Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I was worried at the start of pre season with the squad size and players we had lost and who we had replaced them with. 

However that looks daft at the moment. Should have trusted Kettlewell.

Paton was excellent today again, Spencer is a total player and can’t wait to see him on the right hand side. Bair again put in a great shift, Shaw looked decent in his cameo.

Also this is my weekly Lennon Miller is a Rolls Royce of a player and will go to the very very top in this game. 17 years fucking old… 

Casey & Bevis both brilliant today however Bevis had a couple of his usual scary moments.

Thought Kelly looked a bit ropey but he didn’t reallly have anything to do with the two colossus in front of him.

Get the injured players back and the squad will be looking much better as that is a concern how weak it’s looking.

Edited by wellboy1991

This team really are a joy to watch at the moment. So far this season we've seen so many dimensions, in every game at points we've seen slick passing, quick triangles and runs with purpose. Even when things aren't as pretty, every player looks like they know their job and the battling qualities on display today were absolutely class, everyone looks to be fighting for each other. Credit to Kettlewell for all of this, incredible run that we're on and the togetherness is night and day compared to what it was before he came in. 

Miller and Slattery were superb today, as was Spittal (again), but special mentions for Bevis and Casey, they were absolutely unreal at the back. What a great bunch of lads. 

Edited by MurrayWell

1 minute ago, eliphas said:

Said it before but he reminds me of Shaun Hutchinson so much. 110% every time and fucking loves winning stuff. Tackles, penalties, matches...everything.

100x this. He is a rock and also hard as nails who is first in to protect his team mates. Love that. 

11 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

I was worried at the start of pre season with the squad size and players we had lost and who we had replaced them with. 

It's the same for everyone our size but ultimately whether your squad size is adequate depends a lot less on how many get injured than who is injured.

If we had a fully fit squad but Casey and Spittal injured while Slattery suspended, we're a shadow of what we are now.

Alternatively we can cope without Butcher (surprisingly) and several average players without being notably weakened.

5 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Hammell also won three out the first four, long way to go!

Thankfully though, Kettlewell has been gold since February. Sad as it is, I just never had confidence that Hammell was going to work. I’ve bucket loads more confidence that Kettlewell can lead us to a half decent season.