Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

Mine was this Matchwinner one.

Davie-Cooper-in-action1.jpg

Mine too, I grew up living 5 doors up from him, if I was playing kirby and he walked by with his dog "Blue" I'd always throw it that wee bit too hard by mistake. Can't convey how 3 keepy uppies and launched back to me made my day.

The Pony home and away were classics, the away especially.

The untouchables is travesty, a tiny tiny badge, fuchsia and yellow doesn't have the same ring to it.

16 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Probably unlikely he hits a growth spurt now eh

aye probably but I am pretty sure Dennis Rodman grew about 9 inches when he was 23 or suhin. Maybe there is hope for the wee man. 

I dunno what my first kit was. I'd have to ask my faither and he's got a memory like a sieve, I'm interested to find out now but I imagine it'll something from the late 80s or 90/91. 

10 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

aye probably but I am pretty sure Dennis Rodman grew about 9 inches when he was 23 or suhin. 

Spoiler

kennethw.jpg.f176d874db1b4e1da64013396b915b89.jpg

He may not win any headers but perhaps he's the new Lorenzo Amoruso?

Edited by tamthebam

1 hour ago, Vietnam91 said:

Mine too, I grew up living 5 doors up from him, if I was playing kirby and he walked by with his dog "Blue" I'd always throw it that wee bit too hard by mistake. Can't convey how 3 keepy uppies and launched back to me made my day.

The Pony home and away were classics, the away especially.

The untouchables is travesty, a tiny tiny badge, fuchsia and yellow doesn't have the same ring to it.

That Untouchables kit was made of a really weird material too, it was like a sponge, absolutely boiling trying to play fives in it way back when.

3 hours ago, Swello said:

Mine was this monstrosity (maybe the worst ever), bought from a wee sliding window inside the main stand where I (as a nervous young boy) had to disturb a grumpy secretary from her typing. She fished it out an unmarked cardboard box.

Motherwell 1988-89 Home Kit

I like that strip and have it framed, pride of place in th man cave, along with (so far) Memorabilia from our fist game in Europe and also a Motherwell rug on the floor.

20240307_135638.jpg

20240307_135905.jpg

3 minutes ago, one m in Motherwell said:

That Untouchables kit was made of a really weird material too, it was like a sponge, absolutely boiling trying to play fives in it way back when.

Aye it was like the cheapest of cheap material. Vaguely the right colours and absolutely horrid to wear. 

Even my prized 1994 away top is horrible to wear on a warm day. Zero breathability. 

Older brother started taking me in 84-85 season when I was 6. Still got my first scarf and programme. Sure I got the kit too as I’m certain there’s a grainy picture of me with a bowl haircut wearing the strip, tucked away in a box at my maws house.

IMG_3096.png

8 minutes ago, Richie said:

I like that strip and have it framed, pride of place in th man cave, along with (so far) Memorabilia from our fist game in Europe and also a Motherwell rug on the floor.

20240307_135638.jpg

20240307_135905.jpg

Now I feel bad. My feelings towards it are mainly based on the fact that Paul Kinnaird wore it.

3 hours ago, Al B said:

This was my first, just after we changed from Ian Skelly to Motorola but kept the same top.

Screenshot_20240307_105219_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f53f36d8b203d782d562bbb19e202a26.jpg

I have the Ian Skelly one of that with added Cup Final embroidery. They’d sold out of the home one that was actually worn so I ended up with an embroidered away (I already had the home one anyway - still have both).

IMG_3126.jpeg.a27ade2f755d840e77f4fd3e61a54ac7.jpeg

29 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Aye it was like the cheapest of cheap material. Vaguely the right colours and absolutely horrid to wear. 

Even my prized 1994 away top is horrible to wear on a warm day. Zero breathability. 

I actually like that one particularly the claret top and it's lasted a lot longer than some other Motherwell tops I have. I have both of those tops but it's the claret one I tend to wear. 

4 hours ago, Swello said:

Certainly one of the best ever - the away top was also a classic and the team that went in it was my favourite of all time.

Brilliant memories, such a good side, what a player Tommy Coyne was for us 

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

I have the Ian Skelly one of that with added Cup Final embroidery. They’d sold out of the home one that was actually worn so I ended up with an embroidered away (I already had the home one anyway - still have both).

IMG_3126.jpeg.a27ade2f755d840e77f4fd3e61a54ac7.jpeg

If I remember correctly (which I probably don't) the white one was available first but only from a shop in Bellshill.

22 minutes ago, Cedrics Mighty Well Army said:

My first top. Think it was the first relica they put on sale although it lacked the S&N logo. image.jpeg.74538e2797457d90f84ccca540dc3bed.jpeg

Think we had replicas before that. Pretty sure I had a top in the late 70's, white away top with claret and amber vertical strips on one side (75 to 78). If memory serves, we used to have a club shop on Windmillhill Street and I got it there. 

1 hour ago, Cedrics Mighty Well Army said:

If I remember correctly (which I probably don't) the white one was available first but only from a shop in Bellshill.

I was a wee guy but I am sure that was suhin like "McEwans Sports" on the main street. Maybe near the bank of scotland. 

I am sure they had ones that said "winners" and "Runners up"under that bit about the final. 

19 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I was a wee guy but I am sure that was suhin like "McEwans Sports" on the main street. Maybe near the bank of scotland. 

I am sure they had ones that said "winners" and "Runners up"under that bit about the final. 

Aye. The only embroidery on mine is what's in the picture.

I was just a wee guy anaw but my memory was that my Da got it from Fir Park. Which makes sense as it's where I got every other Motherwell shirt. As like @Swello I have memory of going up to that wee hatch in the main stand to get them.

Edited by capt_oats