Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

45 minutes ago, standupforthemotherwell said:

Good to see the majority of the squad in place in plenty time for preseason. My main takeaway is that it likely means we got the first or second choice targets rather than being rejected by everyone we approach.

We're going to Europe next year boys

Or, we could just be going for the 3rd options first since we know we apparently "can't afford" the bigger players.

If only we had sold our soul for a few quid in the transfer kitty

Edited by Phillips455

Definitely good to get bodies in early giving them the maximum time to gel/integrate before the season starts. Quite encouraged with the Dundee fans' opinions on Robinson, looks like there's a fair bit of potential there, and likewise think that Balmer could prove useful.

Koutroumbis, who knows? Coming from the  bottom end of the A League he will have quite a big step up to make but fingers crossed he can handle it. Callachan and Sparrow have a lot to prove at this level and strike me as low cost 'options' rather than starters, hopefully Kettlewell can work some Bair style magic with them.

We also have Moses as a virtual new recruit. From the glimpses we caught of him towards the end of the season I think there's definitely some promise there for him to contribute to the goals for column, but again someone trying to make the step up to a higher level.

Overall, to me it has the feel of a fairly inexperienced squad  at the minute (of the 'old heads' on the books I'd really only have McGinn, Casey and Nicholson down as regular starters), so a couple of more experienced additions at this level would be welcome for the remainder of our incomings.

Edited by 'WellDel

I think you have secured top 6 next season. Robinson is a great signing and can see him improve like Bair did with the great work of your match analysis. Perhaps you need another LWB and a few centre backs. Halliday could maybe play on the left.

On 18/06/2024 at 20:09, Vietnam91 said:

Do you accept that 6 people on a board may have who voted one way may have a difference of opinions on the next best course of action?

Before the Club statement was made I was convinced that the Wild Sheeo offer was a poor one but I am confused now and hope @Vietnam91 and others can help

• If Fir Park is protected does this mean the £4m valuation, along with the exclusion of transfers, is realistic?
  • Is it a condition of the offer that no single entity can own >49%.? Would this prevent Wild Sheep from approaching private shareholders to sell their shares to them?
  • If we are confident on the sale of Bair and Miller etc. would the money raised from this allow the WS to buy back after year 2?
  • A criticism of Wild Sheep is the lack of a business plan, does anybody have a copy of the John Boyle or Les Hutchison business plans?
  • Burrows was very clear that Motherwell was fan owned and not fan run and shouldn't be consulted about everything and used the colour of curtains as his "funny" example. Could somebody tell me how this would change if the staus quo remians? 

Fair play to Kettlewell and the recruitment team they said they wanted players in before fucking off to the Netherlands and we're fair filling up these gaps in the squad.

Looking at this it feels a given that Bair is away...which is fine but at the same time it gives us an option to play 2 up with one in behind.

lineup.png.b826821a44805f0845281cbaea0ba627.png

Leaves Goalkeeper, LWB and a spare centre back the priorities?

3 announcements in one day?

giphy.gif

Edited by capt_oats

Aye it sounds like Bair is gone tbf, not interested in knowing that fee.

Not one bit.

18 minutes ago, Wellwatcher said:

If Fir Park is protected does this mean the £4m valuation, along with the exclusion of transfers, is realistic?

Just because you can't sell an asset immediately doesn't mean it is valueless. When the protection is removed in 6 years, does the club increase in value overnight? Guarantee it would be included in the value of a sale to the next investor when EB wants out.

19 minutes ago, Wellwatcher said:

Is it a condition of the offer that no single entity can own >49%.? Would this prevent Wild Sheep from approaching private shareholders to sell their shares to them?

There was no condition mentioned in the offer. EB said on here he may look to add this as a condition but nothing has changed.

22 minutes ago, Wellwatcher said:

If we are confident on the sale of Bair and Miller etc. would the money raised from this allow the WS to buy back after year 2?

Yes but also losing an additional 60k to cover costs. Without accepting the offer, the club would keep the entire amount 

24 minutes ago, Wellwatcher said:

A criticism of Wild Sheep is the lack of a business plan, does anybody have a copy of the John Boyle or Les Hutchison business plans?

This would be confidential and not relevant. Those transactions were between Chapman, Boyle and Hutchison rather than involving a democratic society answerable to 3000 fans.

46 minutes ago, Wellwatcher said:

Burrows was very clear that Motherwell was fan owned and not fan run and shouldn't be consulted about everything and used the colour of curtains as his "funny" example. Could somebody tell me how this would change if the staus quo remians? 

It wouldn't and shouldn't although the Well society's counter proposal has not been published as yet. It sounds very like the Caledonian Braves blueprint mooted by the new investors though 

1 minute ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

Both he and Davor are listed as number 17.

I wonder if that's telling us anything about the surplus of central midfielders.

I think it's more likely that Dave's just got a new number. #4 and #6 are still available?