Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

17 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

No offence to your friend. But without Barmack providing detailed proposals as how he plans to use his skills and experience to grow the business, thats a bit of a "punt".

Also, theres no reason, if Barmack is confident in his skills and abilities he couldnt come.up with a deal that would allow him to make miney out of him "growing the business" without taking majority shareholding/control.

Lets face it we would all be quite happy for him to take a percentage out of the club if the club itself remained secure and had more money in the coffers.

The fact the deal does none of this is what has most people concerned.

He’s allowed his opinion, even if I don’t agree with it but it matches what a lot on here have said. People are hearing Netflix and/or he’s American and deciding blindly that more than qualifies him for the job.

I can get on board with X share holding, seat (not chairman) on the board and some sort of recompense if he can raise our balance sheet above X amount of money (not including increased tv/prize money)

the current deal, not a chance.

43 minutes ago, steelmen said:

...but what EB brings to the table. I asked what signing Money Heist (tremendous program) for Netflix brings to a football club and he just said different ideas and contacts. 

This is really ripping ma knitting. It's fitting when pushed for what they mean the answer is "suhin different". 

Absolute dugshite. 

I'd like peoples voting to be registered and held against them.

Shaw only made two starts for us last season. He was obviously shot of confidence but did get into positions to score.

Dropping a league and starting every week is probably exactly what he needs. I wouldn’t be surprised if he hits double figures there.

Just now, Busta Nut said:

This is really ripping ma knitting. It's fitting when pushed for what they mean the answer is "suhin different". 

Absolute dugshite. 

I'd like peoples voting to be registered and held against them.

This.

What he's brought to the table is all soundbites and baseless fantasy pish, along with minimal financial input for effective control of the club. The people willing to vote for it with all the information that is freely available need to wake up to reality pretty fucking quickly.

4 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I actually think Oli Shaw is a bit of a coup for Accies.

You mean coo, obviously. 

1 hour ago, steelmen said:

I had a chat with work colleague today who is also a society member and he is voting for the proposal.

his reasons aren’t the 300k a year but what EB brings to the table. I asked what signing Money Heist (tremendous program) for Netflix brings to a football club and he just said different ideas and contacts. 

this might be true but to hand over control of the club to someone who might be able to raise our profile and bring more money in seems ludicrous. He sort of agreed with me. Still think he will vote for the proposal. 

Exactly what gies me the fear, folk who are willing to give away the future of the club on vibes and buzzwords.

As for Oli Shaw going to Accies all I can say is LOL.

10 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

Exactly what gies me the fear, folk who are willing to give away the future of the club on vibes and buzzwords.

As for Oli Shaw going to Accies all I can say is LOL.

I hope Oli does well. I don't think anyone deserves to be a laughing stock - and I get that he didn't perform for us - but plenty of players haven't over the years. 

48 minutes ago, steelmen said:

He’s allowed his opinion, even if I don’t agree with it but it matches what a lot on here have said. People are hearing Netflix and/or he’s American and deciding blindly that more than qualifies him for the job.

I can get on board with X share holding, seat (not chairman) on the board and some sort of recompense if he can raise our balance sheet above X amount of money (not including increased tv/prize money)

the current deal, not a chance.

People have every right to their opinion - even if it doesn't align with the majority.  There are a lot of people with a vote who won't be on social media in any way shape or form. 

The well society have told people to reject the offer and it's up to people from there on in. 

46 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

They must have really enjoyed League One last season if they're actively building a squad to go straight back down. 

You signed Tom Sparrow - does that mean you are building a squad to go down ?

1 minute ago, FuzzyBear said:

You signed Tom Sparrow - does that mean you are building a squad to go down ?

TBF I think there is a massive difference between signing a guy to be cover on a year long contract to handing out a 3 year deal as a newly promoted championship club.

Glad to see the Terrace lads making the podcast free, thought @JayMFC put his points across really well and hopefully, alongside the strategy, which is about to be released (unlike EB's phantom one) there will be real fresh optimism and enthusiasm around the Well Society and fan ownership. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I don't really know what anyone could see in this proposed "investment" from EB that would make them want to go for it. Unless they just want new? They actually have new with this new WS board and strategy. I think some people made their mind up on fan ownership a long time ago and all the stats, positive finances, our record on the park and proactive transfer windows (ins and outs) won't change their minds. I find that such a pity. A narrative that basically says any outsider, regardless of plan or,  let's face it, actual money to back up their "vision", can do it better. It's a real shame that folk feel that way, but hopefully they'll see the value in a community assest like Motherwell FC being owned by its community one day, and hopefully we still will be at that point! 

On transfer stuff, I'd like us to bring in a couple of wing backs if possible, but might be Wilson's season to be back up at LWB. I'd also like us to bring in another creative player in the middle of the park. I view Tom Sparrow very much as our "project" for this season, and while he may well be great for us, I would be more comfortable with another creative option in there, while accepting we may not be able to get the quality of Spittal. 

Oli Shaw is absolutely pish at Premiership level, genuinely appalling, but in the Championship he's actually scored goals. Accies have probably done quite well to get him, would have probably been a few at that level in for him. 

Edited by MurrayWell

1 minute ago, camer0n_mcd said:

TBF I think there is a massive difference between signing a guy to be cover on a year long contract to handing out a 3 year deal as a newly promoted championship club.

TBF I think there is a massive difference between signing a striker who was a relative success in that league the last time and buying someone for the top league when he was probably the worst player in the Championship when he was last up here.

17 minutes ago, Wellin said:

I hope Oli does well. I don't think anyone deserves to be a laughing stock - and I get that he didn't perform for us - but plenty of players haven't over the years. 

Plenty of strikers have done really well for us - eg KVV most recently, Louis Moult not that long ago - but if they never scored again for another team most of us would be quite happy. 

Oli Shaw can absolutely do one.