Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Jim McMahon will be the only chairman in world football to be absolutely SEETHING at seeing 6 and 7 figure cash sums rolling in from all over the shop.

Aye, we don't need to go over it again in massive detail but last year would be around break even, this year already has £150k for Kelly, whatever add-ons we get for KVV being promoted and seven figures for Bair. We then have Miller to cash in when ready.

Our financial position being good is only ever temporary - and can quickly change - but right now it's as rock solid, iron clad as it can be. 

It makes the position of the board all the more comical.

39 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

That was the other one that sprung to mind, but it's more than double that, and I think Saints were paying a bit of his wages this season too? :lol:

Tbf we should be getting some of the fee so it might all balance out.

7 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

Is that better or worse than being the captain of Man Utd u21s?

If he goes on to sign up to the WS, sign up his dad and endorse a business proposal document in 2030, it's commensurate.

46 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

Former Wolves U21 POTY, a welcome addition in a position we needed improving in.

I mean other than [REDACTED] we’ve got good value out of the English academy regen market so even though he doesn’t seem to have a Wikipedia page I’m just going to assume this will be fine.

I see he’s pals with Georgie Gent. Presumably that’s a Man City academy thing.

FWIW he seems to have played RCB in a back 3, RB in a 4, and RWB in a 5, for Wolves youth sides. Mostly RB in a 4 though.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

FWIW he seems to have played RCB in a back 3, RB in a 4, and RWB in a 5, for Wolves youth sides. Mostly RB in a 4 though.

As long as he can fire up the wing and link up well with Harry Paton playing in the false 10 spot we'll be OK.

Alright fellas, been restricting myself to browsing lately following a family bereavement but it's good to have the real fitba' back. Off to Montrose in the morning to tick off the last ground on my to do list (Am not counting the newest ones cos am too old to care now and there's going to be a new one every other year with this new set-up). So last original ground tomorrow to watch us play, am treating it as a full set after this, shame it's midweek cos there would have been a good few of us heading up for a party.

Anyway here's hoping to a positive conclusion to the takeover and we can get on with business, hard work starts with a positive outcome cos we will all need to step up but doing it ourselves will be so much more rewarding. 

6 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Wow! No posts in 10 hours!

Thats the quietest The Thread has been in 2 months!

I need to go find something else to read now! 😆

Think we all need to prepare for next week...

17 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

Anyone any idea where to park tonight?

There's no big car parks nearby, really. I've not been to Montrose for 10+ years; there's a sports centre which is about a 10 minute walk and there's some parking behind the main street but no idea of restrictions there. I think just finding a spot in and around the stadium on the street is probably the best bet. Montrose's website says to do that, but it's fairly limited so arrive with time to get there etc.

Edited by StAndrew7

Not counting the ballots already cast....sure you didnae. 

I hope TWS release the result of their ballot to demonstrate that, as evidenced by the initial ballot, they are open to SOME investment, but it needs to be a good one.