Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

14 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Mental that we reached two cup finals last year with the best player in the league kicking about for the u20s.

You can achieve anything when you have an Andy Rose in your team.

I take it that Hastie is in there as he had a decent half season at Alloa as well as the 4 or 5 games where he was decent for us /grapes

Interested to see if anyone else other than Turnbull wins it. Objectively (goals, assists, all the passing) he's been hugely effective regardless of his age. Subjectively, playing in a poor team as we were and being able to influence things so positively is really impressive for a boy just out the youth team with no real first team experience.

Just now, Swello said:

I take it that Hastie is in there as he had a decent half season at Alloa as well as the 4 or 5 games where he was decent for us /grapes

Interested to see if anyone else other than Turnbull wins it. Objectively (goals, assists, all the passing) he's been hugely effective regardless of his age. Subjectively, playing in a poor team as we were and being able to influence things so positively is really impressive for a boy just out the youth team with no real first team experience.

If nothing else I'd like to think that Hastie's inclusion strengthens our compensation claim somewhat. Curious to know exactly how long you can be on the cusp of announcing something.

It's difficult to see beyond Turnbull IMO. He's pretty much carried a team on his shoulders for a season. The others can GTF.

1 minute ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I assume the other main contender will be Lewis Ferguson.

Ferguson and Kent of Rangers are the other two.

It'll be changed soon though - they've made a mistake and somehow forgotten to include a Celtic player. 

19 minutes ago, Swello said:

Ferguson and Kent of Rangers are the other two.

It'll be changed soon though - they've made a mistake and somehow forgotten to include a Celtic player. 

They are beeling Ajer and Edouard weren't included

2 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

They are beeling Ajer and Edouard weren't included

Excellent - I'm still enjoying Lennon's outrage from when Higdon won POTY and there were no Sellics nominated, so a repeat would be brilliant.