Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

14 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I have seen Sellick fans refer to the "£20k a week" as if it was gospel and use it to justify the "we didn't really want him" theme they now have.  It's amazing.

Just like they never really wanted Scott McKenna when they were told where to go by Aberdeen

15 minutes ago, betting competition said:

That worked out well for Alan Nixon :) 

Aye - always worth remembering these types of statements when folk are held up as being  ITK-as-f**k. 

Being ITK about Motherwell, it's fair to say, is a pretty niche thing in journalism - but it means that there are basically 4 hacks that are either well informed or briefed directly by the club - I tend to ignore the other noise.. 

15 minutes ago, Swello said:

Aye - always worth remembering these types of statements when folk are held up as being  ITK-as-f**k. 

Being ITK about Motherwell, it's fair to say, is a pretty niche thing in journalism - but it means that there are basically 4 hacks that are either well informed or briefed directly by the club - I tend to ignore the other noise.. 

On that point, I'm guessing that the "offer accepted" is legit since it's those same 4 hacks running the story and there's been nothing put out via those journos to counter it.

Unlike Celtic I suppose Norwich may be less amenable to letting Motherwell officially announce.

3 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Unlike Celtic I suppose Norwich may be less amenable to letting Motherwell officially announce.

Maybe they're waiting for the laughter to die down? 😊

According to Andy Newport of the PA he's on his way South.

£3m + £250k extras + sell on %.

Lovely.

Also, hopefully the sell-on % being quoted there means the hand wringers can pipe down. 

Edited by capt_oats

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

According to Andy Newport of the PA he's on his way South.

£3m + £250k extras + sell on %.

Lovely.

Also, hopefully the sell-on % being quoted there means the hand wringers can pipe down. 

Good luck to him, hopefully he gets the deal he's looking for from Norwich and we get what we're looking for in terms of a transfer fee.

3 minutes ago, dirtydave said:

Can imagine all the sellick fans who had a soft spot for Norwich "cos they play in Green n Gold by ra way" will be changing their English team now.

Who do you think they'll choose as their big team now.

6 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I used to laugh at the Louis Moult FC fans who went down to Preston games but I'm giving a lot of thought to becoming a Norwich City ultra.

Or the Faddy fanboys in their 'McFadden 11' Everton kits and who put him on a pedestal higher than the club itself and in some cases still do. :rolleyes:

Not for me that sort of nonsense, no player is bigger than the club.

Edited by MJC

9 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I used to laugh at the Louis Moult FC fans who went down to Preston games

3 minutes ago, MJC said:

Or the Faddy fanboys in their 'McFadden 11' Everton kits

Used to properly wind me up that, but this is a new me.  @YassinMoutaouakil - book me a spot on the bus!

LET'S BE 'AVIN YOU!!

2 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Me too. You'll recognise me by me XXXXL Aston Villa "McCormack" shirt. (Hardly worn.)

Nice of Ross to give you one of this shirts.