Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Sellick to a burd in a weegie hell hole night club:

"hey doll u pure fancy a winch?" 

Burd: "naw" 

Sellick: "ur a pure mingin lesbo anyway ah dinnae want u"

Sellick later at home:

*tearful w**k sob sob sob sob sob*

Just now, capt_oats said:

I know this is now the David Turnbull thread but that's Ally Gorrin to Oxford apparently.

Diddy Well players thread for this pish.

Celtic fans on Twitter really showing how much they're not bothered.  My favourite response being "we don't need him, we've got Ryan Christie"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

4 minutes ago, Desp said:

Celtic fans on Twitter really showing how much they're not bothered.  My favourite response being "we don't need him, we've got Ryan Christie"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My favourite take at the moment is still variations of: "It was Motherwell's tweet wot done it. We'd have signed him if they hadn't done that."

Edited by capt_oats

12 hours ago, Romeo said:

Lot of Motherwell lads have made a complete arse of themselves over the past few days. I expect a few to climb back into their boxes and start deleting posts.

This has without a doubt been the highlight of their year.

I know this has been pointed oot. Ohhhhhhhh!

Turnbull and his agent taking no fucking shit is tremendous.

Celtic have conducted themselves equally dreadfully and hilariously through this. They are so used to any young Scottish player blindly accepting any shite offer thrown at them that they clearly don't like or understand the meaning of being told 'no' by a non-Old Firm player.

And now they are going to lose out on a talented Scottish footballer for the second time in a year because they've severely undervalued them.

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

Aye. sorry, I 100% forgot I'd mentioned McLean in all the excitement here. 😀

Not to distract from laughing at Celtic embarrassing themselves, but the McLean situation was a bit different as others have alluded to. IIRC he signed for us in January and basically had a bit of a mare for the first 6 months and didn’t really settle until a decent spell into the following season. I’m sure I read an interview shortly after signing for Norwich where he said that he didn’t want to move to a new club mid-season again if he could avoid it, preferring to get a full summer and pre-season with his new team.

So not to say you won’t get Turnbull back on loan, but I wouldn’t try and draw any parallels with McLean. That seemed to be more his personal situation/preference than anything else.

14 minutes ago, AngusTheBull said:

Not to distract from laughing at Celtic embarrassing themselves, but the McLean situation was a bit different as others have alluded to. IIRC he signed for us in January and basically had a bit of a mare for the first 6 months and didn’t really settle until a decent spell into the following season. I’m sure I read an interview shortly after signing for Norwich where he said that he didn’t want to move to a new club mid-season again if he could avoid it, preferring to get a full summer and pre-season with his new team.

So not to say you won’t get Turnbull back on loan, but I wouldn’t try and draw any parallels with McLean. That seemed to be more his personal situation/preference than anything else.

Cheers for the clarification. I had always just assumed that they were kind of doing you a solid as he was coming to the end of his deal and they were paying a relatively nominal amount to secure him so that was a sweetener. Didn't realise there was more to it.

There's an article here with Norwich's sporting director where he outlines the rebuild and philosophy in terms of bringing through young players:

We’ve got top young players in this country, probably the best in the world. Just look at the England age group teams - the Under-17s won the World Cup, as did the Under-20s. 

You don’t win World Cups if you don’t have top players. Look at Angus Gunn and James Maddison, who were here at Norwich - they’ve both got in the England squad in the last 18 months.

But someone has to give these players an opportunity and then put trust in them. As a club, you have to support the coach in that.

You have to live through inconsistencies and, like the sign I have up here in my office - ignore the noise. Don’t read Twitter, because they don’t know. You have to support people through it.

Every single club in this country has young players who are good enough, genuinely. But what you have to do is provide the bridge for them, which is where we go wrong in this country.

As a club, we have to accept that young players make mistakes. A big part of my job is to understand the football business. ‘He messed up, that’s what can happen with young players’ and then communicate that up to the board and to the media. 

Let’s be honest, is the way to win playing an 18-year-old or a 28-year-old? Most people would say the 28-year-old - it’s the same in any industry. So it’s about understanding the journey of a young player.

As long as the young players don’t keep making mistakes, that’s fine. And on the other hand you can get someone like James Maddison, who kept performing every week, and jumped above our club. He was ready for the Premier League and at that stage, as a club, we weren’t.

The whole line from Turnbull's side has been "which team would be best for my development" you read that and you can see why he'd buy right into it.

Compare that spiel above with the patter that Scott Brown was coming out with yesterday. I mean, fucking hell...

Edited by capt_oats

So, Celtic offer a contract to Turnbull, and he rejects it.

Celtic issue official statement saying exactly that.

Celtic try to resurrect the deal with Turnbull.

Turnbull still rejects it.

Celtic say they have pulled out of the deal.

Some delusional Celtic fans try to manipulate events to say that it’s Celtic that have rejected Turnbull. And the worst thing is that they actually believe that, in their own minds.

20 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Cheers for the clarification. I had always just assumed that they were kind of doing you a solid as he was coming to the end of his deal and they were paying a relatively nominal amount to secure him so that was a sweetener. Didn't realise there was more to it.

There's an article here with Norwich's sporting director where he outlines the rebuild and philosophy in terms of bringing through young players:

The whole line from Turnbull's side has been "which team would be best for my development" you read that and you can see why he'd buy right into it.

Compare that spiel above with the patter that Scott Brown was coming out with yesterday. I mean, fucking hell...

From a PR point of view, Celtic are in big trouble if Scott Brown has become their spokesperson.