Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 hours ago, Desp said:

When you consider the health issues he's had, I'm sure he'll be looking to play every week at this point in his career.  If he's not going to that with us just now, we should allow him to go and get it elsewhere. 

Was thinking exactly this at the weekend. Seeing him out and warming up and knocking the ball about was a properly nice thing to see, for a guy who must've gone through an utterly terrifying experience. To be out the other side and the worst thing that's happened is that he's lost his place is probably the best case scenario he'd have imagined.

I agree that if Carson gets a chance at a 1st choice gig elsewhere, we shouldn't make it difficult for lots of reasons (the way that he kept the head after we kiboshed the move to Celtic most of all).

Also, football is an incredibly cynical and brutal place and if the club are looking at Gillespie doing his 7/10 every week thing since he came in and looking at Carson, who at 100% fitness and on his day is probably the better keeper of the two - but comes with risks due to his health scare - it's not hard to imagine the thinking TBH.

Whatever happens - Carson is up there with Sieb, Randolph and Ruddy for me and if he moves, all the best to him...

No complaints about the ban for the challenge - it was on Sportscene after all.

I've secretly been thinking that Tait looks better on the left than the right these days anyway, so no real concerns about the Celtic game other than the fact that it disrupts Carroll settling into the team, as he's looked great so far.

2 hours ago, supermarv said:

Yes. Carroll is a class player, and will be back in the team.

Marv, I love you, but I fear you take me too seriously.

I swear every time it looks like Tait might get to play on the right whoever it is on the left absolutely goes to pieces.

44 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

So what you're saying is we'll get to see Grimmy running straight down the touchline at whatever spoon Celtic have at left back? In.

Only until he gets around halfway into the attacking half, at which point he'll turn a full 90 degrees to his left and run directly across the pitch.

15 hours ago, Al B said:

Yeah I actually don't care if anything comes from it anymore, or if he completely loses posession, I just love seeing how far he can get 😂

He's a living, breathing modern day version of Sensible Soccer.

Much like the Kipre backflip thing, I'm 100% convinced that Grimshaw's first professional goal is going to be an absolute screamer.

When he ran the length of the park against Hibs last season I was nearly going taps aff. If he finishes one of those runs by ripping one into the top corner my heid will enter orbit after it leaves my shoulders.

14 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Much like the Kipre backflip thing, I'm 100% convinced that Grimshaw's first professional goal is going to be an absolute screamer.

I absolutely agree btw, he's going to meet something on the edge of the box and thunder it top bins, knocking three Celtic defenders over on it's way through with the force of the blast.

He'll then be passed round the leccy with the cup on his head. God bless you Grimmy.

I’d have went to the 20s game if it had been on Tuesday. I play 5s on a Wednesday so that comes first.

However, I’m missing the twitter updates for games like this. At the moment I’m following Spartans twitter to get updates. I think Ya Beezer had the suggestion of the club making a separate twitter for match updates. That makes so much sense imo.

19 hours ago, Gianfranco said:
I’d have went to the 20s game if it had been on Tuesday. I play 5s on a Wednesday so that comes first.

Our left back honestly looks like he’s still at primary school...and he’s been absolutely smashing so far.

Proper #YoungMotherwell side that’s out tonight.

Edited by capt_oats

However, I’m missing the twitter updates for games like this. At the moment I’m following Spartans twitter to get updates. I think Ya Beezer had the suggestion of the club making a separate twitter for match updates. That makes so much sense imo.
There's some cracking chat on that Spartans' Twitter.