Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I think I'd be upset if Robbo leaves. Same way I am when an important player leaves but I won't weep, I would like to think this business would be over quickly. It's these things dragging out I can no longer be bothered with.

Robbo potentially has the chance to earn more. Manage with a bigger budget and I think he'd be pretty decent at that. Hearts could put him more in the shop window for a move to England as many think should be his next stop. I would have no issues if he went there thinking he could be in european competition more often and possibly challenge for cup silverware.

It's Motherwell I'd like to see sort their side of it quickly if this does happen. I fuckin' love Las and if he was to take the reigns to the end of the season I'd be right behind him.

29 minutes ago, Swello said:

YAAAAAS! (and a bit unexpected TBH)

Very positive news. Especially without any money from the proposed Turnbull sale. 

If that still goes ahead at some stage then it would leave us in a very healthy financial position. 

Plus the European football next season 🙂 Kidding for now anyway.

Plus it means we do not need compensation from our Manager.  A key reason why we let McGhee go to the Dons if I recall.

3 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Plus it means we do not need compensation from our Manager.  A key reason why we let McGhee go to the Dons if I recall.

Stopping anyone leaving Motherwell is a fools errand. That goes for Youth Players right up to the Manager. Compo was not the reason McGhee left for Aberdeen, he wanted out after taking us as far as he thought he could. We rinsed Aberdeen for £200K and would have taken money off Celtic had he got the job there.

If Robinson goes he will be leaving at his peak with us. Sometimes a manager stays too long. Stuart McCall being a prime example. Finished 2nd with a patchwork squad then had to walk a few months later.

20 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

The debt getting as it did under Les was wild. Probably saved us fae relegation though.

He was also pretty generous with the repayment too.

He is on the radio at half past with a different story apparently 

Slightly strange interview telling us stuff we already knew and the club and society have been very open on i.e. him matching payments to society. BBC was maybe trying to make something out of it.

The one thing I hadn't heard before was him saying we were 2 weeks from administration when he got involved. I knew we were in a bit of a mess but not to that extent. If that's true then it's a disgrace we hadn't learnt our lessons and had been allowed to get to that point.

Quite an interesting couple of interviews there from Alan Burrows and Les on Sportsound. As much as Les rubbed some up the wrong way there’s no doubt he helped save the club, and his ‘warning’ that we shouldn’t rest on our laurels now that the external debt is gone is one the Society should be hammering home to the fan base.

Kheridine Idessane’s questions about internal debt and obvious lack of understanding about the structure of the Well Society were a bit annoying but never mind.