Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Seems there's some O'Hara drama. The Record are reporting local press has Barry Fry saying they've agreed a deal but his agent kb'd our contract.

"Mark did well at Motherwell and I have done a deal with the club who have offered Mark a three-year deal, but his agent turned it down.

It’s staggering really. Three years is great security for a player in these unpredictable times and Motherwell have qualified for Europe next season."

but O'Hara's just tweeted.

Edited by capt_oats

57 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Seems there's some O'Hara drama. The Record are reporting local press has Barry Fry saying they've agreed a deal but his agent kb'd our contract.

but the O'Hara's just tweeted.

Definite intrigue in this one, wonder what the agent has to say about this, not that they would inform us but O'Hara response basically calling Fry a liar? 

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Yeah he's currently out of contract - he's been offered a new deal with us but the chat seems to be he wants to head back south. Going by his IG it looks as if he's still back home on Merseyside.

Whether he's as good as others are making out? Sort of. He's turned into a decent player for us but it's not like he's on a Moult, Higdon, Sutton or Porter level.

He looked like he was hitting some form for us by the time the shutdown happened. He's got a great turn of pace which is deceptive and he ended up in double figures for the season - however the caveat there is that 3 of his 11 goals came in the SC game against Dundee and the goal against St Johnstone was peak Zander Clark.

Looking at his career history this is the first season he's ever been in double figures.

He's more the sort of forward who get's in behind and runs the channel off the CB than someone who'll offer you presence.

The flip of that is that some of his finishes have been A+ and watching him leave Halkett on his arse on various occasions has been great value. You can definitely see why he was highly rated coming through at Everton.

I think most of us would have happily have kept him around but equally if he does move on it's not going to be a Moult-type hole to fill.

I'm bored so I've gif'd some clips of his good bits below:

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I’m still in the not sure camp, he certainly has potential, but he’s got a good way to go to end up the real deal.

54 minutes ago, Well Well said:

Definite intrigue in this one, wonder what the agent has to say about this, not that they would inform us but O'Hara response basically calling Fry a liar? 

As @Desp says both could be true.

Fry's comment is that it's his agent that's knocked the deal back. Tbh, given O'Hara is transfer-listed at Peterborough and Fry is well...Barry Fry I wouldn't be surprised if this was him packing O'Hara's bags for him and nudging him towards the door with a not to subtle "get a move on".

Edited by capt_oats

25 minutes ago, ropy said:

Have Aberdeen even offered Long a contract yet?

You may be joking but I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

Most Aberdeen fans don't rate Main but he's actually been decent WHEN given minutes. He was the catalyst to our recent improvement in results just before the season ended.  

I hope Long stays to be honest. Who doesn’t like their striker booting advertising boards when we score? He’s definitely got something about him.

ETA that goal vs Dundee in the gifs was one of my favourites from this season.

3 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I like Long a lot. I think he'll probably go on to have a better career than Moult even if he's not hit those heights for us.

+1. 

I think if Long could apply himself and screw the nut then he has huge potential. 

Some of the goals he scored this season were the work of a very talented player. There for all to see.  

I still think he will have better offers but if he stays I hope he does not strop his way through the season. I would love Long to stay but only if he is fully committed. 

On the O'Hara stuff, we don't offer 3 year deals so i'm going to suggest that part is a lot of shite.

Generally speaking. I'm pretty pleased with how the squad looks at the moment.  Main focus should now be on acquiring another striker, and a couple of wingers. If we get those in I think we will be doing great. In today's climate, a RB might just be a 'nice to have' more than an essential.

The Jordan White business seems decent to me, a different type of option. He doesn't have hugely glowing reviews and isn't prolific but I think there is enough potential there to think we can get something out of him. I think Robinson has maybe looked at Dykes impact and will hope for something similar after we were linked with him last year.

UEFA are scheduled to meet from Wednesday to work out what is happening with European competition. Fingers crossed this will result in us having some sort of idea of what is happening with our Europa League campaign. The whole buzz about this is dampened due to the obvious but I'm actually looking forward to seeing what Robinson can do. He has proven in the past he can get us really well organised and hard to beat at times so you never know maybe this will work well in Europe!

Edited by Luke92

Seems like another imminent signing, as from twitter it’s been taken today. Definitely doesn’t look like O’Hara so not him yet, to me it actually looks more like Tait from a distance but probably not.

Edited by supermarv

30 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

giphy.gif

Genuinely not sure if I've been whooshed here but it's surely Scott Fox...

Is he not wearing the blue away top? Why would a goalkeeper be wearing that in an unveiling photo? 

20 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Scenes when it's just Tait signing a new contract :lol:

I did think it was him at first, but doesnt Tait have sleeve tattoos on both arms? Rules him out if so. 

2 minutes ago, Desp said:

Is he not wearing the blue away top? Why would a goalkeeper be wearing that in an unveiling photo? 

We've not "launched" the goalie jerseys yet AFAIK. Perhaps we haven't taken delivery of them?

I'd have thought that may be more likely than us re-signing Tait like.

Edited by capt_oats