Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Getting into the ring with someone a bit smaller who you should give a good fight - Brave

Getting into a ring with a monster whos much bigger than you - Shitebag

:lol:

It's surprising to see boxing fans behaving like indie kids, annoyed that Belle and Sebastian had a top 20 hit.

I doubt I'll be able to go this but i would've loved to.

They're genuinely at it. This confirms it.

Never mind, Monday is FIGHT WEEK. If Dickens wins this is my thread.

Tbh there's a few posts above that aren't worth responding to. This thread will continue as being one of the best boxing threads on the internet, There's enough fans of the sport on here to allow that to happen.

Edited by Pete Rockwell

Tbh there's a few posts above that aren't worth responding to. This thread will continue as being one of the best boxing threads on the internet, There's enough fans of the sport on here to allow that to happen.

f**k off.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Brook has big balls to take this fight and more so after seeing what happened to Khan when he made the leap.

Unfortunately it seems as though we are destined not to see the welterweight career we all probably though Brook was destined to have. There are/were some fantastic fights to be made there and Brook could have won them all. Brook would make Danny Garcia look like a fucking caveman for example. Its a shame we wont see those fights.

As for this one, as good as Brook is, a good big guy will generally beat a good little guy and by my reckoning thats what this is. GGG has terminator power but too many people are fooled into thinking thats all he is. He is (with Loma maybe) an absolute master of distance, picks his shots well and boxes really well. Points wise it could go either way but I dont believe this goes 12.

As with Khan, I don't believe this fight is about having big balls. You're a good poster on here so I'm sure you'll understand.You're right when you say that Golovkin is a very good boxer.

18 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

As for this one, as good as Brook is, a good big guy will generally beat a good little guy and by my reckoning thats what this is.

It's a good little guy against a great big guy though imo

3 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

I actually reckon there's a lot more hardcore boxing fans on the forum than you realise. I think most tend to opt out of this thread due to the know-alls knowing f**k all and regurgitating almost word-for-word the chat of Steve Bunce and the boxing shows on Sky.

If I'm being honest, Donnie's the only lad that truly comes over as a genuinely, clued-up boxing fan on here.

There's easily a few guys that know more than me, I'm just a post whore

Anyone listened to hearns podcast? Saying the Eubanks wanted double the ticket money they were being offered and Jnr is never involved in any of the negotiations, everything has to go through senior.

Fair play to brook, he's a big WW but we all seen what happened to Khan with that step up. Interesting fight though.

I know w

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Are you suggesting its money? If so I also agree with you thats why I said about not seeing Brook fight the fights at 47. But I didnt want to say it in the manner of "Brook has no heart".

I would more suggest that I dont believe Brook has or has ever had that love for the fight game that keeps a fighter in it (often beyond what is good for them)

Is he cashing out? Yeah probably, do I think it takes mega balls to step up 2 weights to fight a doublehard b*****d who knocks people out cold. Fucking right I do. In this context, heart and balls are different. (When in the ring Brook has never shown a lack of either)

Like Khan, I think he's cashing out, which is fair enough it's a tough sport but like you say, it's a real shame as well. Showing heart/balls is taking on someone at 147 that we all know presents a threat but casuals don't and there's plenty of them.

18 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Tttt,

I think levels wise its fair to put Brook and GGG about equal. They are both excellent talents but both have proven less than they should of for a variety of reasons. I think they are on an even keel talent wise, but GGG has a humongous advantage in power and being at his own weight means Brook has a mountain to climb to even stay with him.

You're being very generous to Brook there.

1 minute ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

What did that cost u?

Return train £60 a head. Hilton Canary Wharf was £115 a room (twin)  Tickets looking to pay around £80 odd, so it'll be about £200 before spends.

Sound. I'm not expecting it to be a great fight but it will be a good weekend and I will get to see GGG in the flesh. I can see where PR is coming from as there are loads of great fights out there at Ww for Brook and he's had 1(porter) but I can't criticise someone that's going to take on a great. Although it will only end one way for him.

1 hour ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Can't blame GGG who else is there when Canelo won't fight him? Brook can't be slated when he shows such bottle- but it's like Khan vs Canelo- no lose as he can move down a weight and blame the size when he gets smashed.

I'll put some blame on Golovkin for this because somebody has to. 

7 hours ago, Pete Rockwell said:

He makes 160 around 2 weeks before fight night there's no need for him to move up.

My thinking that GGG would more likely step up to SMW was more in relation to him running out of people willing to fight him in the MW division and that he criticised Canelo for fighting a WW..........which he's now doing.

FWIW I think it'll be a good fight but can only see a win by KO/TKO for GGG.