Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

He beat Holmes and Spinks when he was a kid, two fighters that although were well past it are far superior to anything Vlad has fought. Tyson cleaned out the entire division and is the youngest world champ in history. Vlad fought fat diddies in Germany in the worst heavyweight era in history.
Tyson is probably in top 20 of all time but not top 10. Vlad isn't close IMO.

He cleaned out the entire division but didn't manage to beat Lennox Lewis or Evander Holyfield. So he didn't really clean it out.

So your now saying that Vlad isn't in the top 20 heavyweights of all time? Would be interested to see your top 20?

He cleaned out the entire division but didn't manage to beat Lennox Lewis or Evander Holyfield. So he didn't really clean it out.

So your now saying that Vlad isn't in the top 20 heavyweights of all time? Would be interested to see your top 20?

He got beat by them yeah but Vlad got beat by Tyson Fury and knocked out by Corrie Sanders and Lamon Brewster [emoji23][emoji23]

I'd be more interested to hear which of the all time greats you think Vlad would beat with his robot jab and shite chin ?

This all started because people are saying he'd be work champ in any era [emoji23][emoji23]

Which era ?

Ali/Foreman era ?

Holmes era ?

Lennox Lewis era ?

I don't think so.

He got beat by them yeah but Vlad got beat by Tyson Fury and knocked out by Corrie Sanders and Lamon Brewster [emoji23][emoji23]
I'd be more interested to hear which of the all time greats you think Vlad would beat with his robot jab and shite chin ?
This all started because people are saying he'd be work champ in any era [emoji23][emoji23]
Which era ?
Ali/Foreman era ?
Holmes era ?
Lennox Lewis era ?
I don't think so.

And Mike Tyson lost to Buster Douglas, Danny Williams and Kevin Mcbride.

Lennox Lewis lost to Hasim Rahman

George foreman lost to Jimmy Young.

Will I go on?

Boxers lose fights it doesn't mean they are not great fighters.

You are the one stating he wouldn't be in the top 20 so come on stop avoiding it and provide your list.

And you do realise what the word "any" means don't you.

Will I go on?

You are the one stating he wouldn't be in the top 20 so come on stop avoiding it and provide your list.

And you do realise what the word "any" means don't you.

Who has Vlad or Vitali beaten, give me one good name, just one.

And any means that you guys are saying that he would be champ in any era. I can't think of one.

Who has Vlad or Vitali beaten, give me one good name, just one.

And any means that you guys are saying that he would be champ in any era. I can't think of one.

Where did anyone say that there are big names on their records? They said that due to their size, build and ability with the jab that they would be competitive during any era of heavyweight boxing.

They cannot help that the standard of fighter during their time was diminished.

You do realise that there have been some absolute shite world champions in these supposed superior era's of Heavyweight boxers don't you? Names like Rahman, Bruno, buster douglas, Oliver McCall to name but a few. I'm pretty sure Both Vitali and Wlad would destroy all of them.

Where did anyone say that there are big names on their records? They said that due to their size, build and ability with the jab that they would be competitive during any era of heavyweight boxing.

They cannot help that the standard of fighter during their time was diminished.

You do realise that there have been some absolute shite world champions in these supposed superior era's of Heavyweight boxers don't you? Names like Rahman, Bruno, buster douglas, Oliver McCall to name but a few. I'm pretty sure Both Vitali and Wlad would destroy all of them.

They said they'd be champ in any era ? Which era ? And I mean a proper defending champ, not a Douglas or Rahman.

And my point is there's NO names on his record, not one. At least Douglas got Tyson and Rahman got Lewis [emoji23]

17 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Douglas is the only one worth bothering with, he was well spent long before the end of his career, his record as a youngster is still littered with boxers of a standard Wlad hasn't really fought.

Lewis learned a lot from that fight, he made an amateur error due to cockiness and took a punch that not many would have stood up to, still has plenty of victories against fighters a level or 2 above anything Wlad has defeated.

Has a record littered with big wins.

Will I go on?

Of course they lose fights, they can't all win, as far I'm concerned you at least have to beat 2 or 3 of a decent standard to be in the top 10.

Technically vitali wasn't great but was hard as f**k and could bang. Wlad was far better technically, could bang but was extremely limited in what he could do. He relied pretty much exclusively on a jab or on a 1-2 grab, sometimes a left hook. Excessive holding that shouldn't have been allowed.
Their size and strength would make them a match for anyone even if there have been loads of better boxers.

Wlad never had many tools in his armourery but he was a master at using what he had- which was all he really needed against 95% of his opponents who were significantly shorter than him.

Did we not have this debate about Wlad and Vitali about 6 months ago, feels like deja vu. 
Terrance Crawford been jailed for 50 days, boxers must spend more time in the nick than any other sportsman

Crawford is a class operator, apparently he was unhappy with a custom car job that he was planning to give to a relative for Xmas...no assault as far as I know but he ruined a hydraulic lift somehow....top boi. The only time I ever used Kwik Fit I felt this rage.

Since the absolute zenith of the olden days at HW, there hasn't been the same quality of fights out there. Folk forget that even Lennox fought his fair share of jobbers (Botha, Akinwande, Morrison), overmatched up n comers (Michael Grant)..it just ain't the marquee division it was in the day.

I'm not much of a boxing historian to be fair but The heavyweights appear to have had a collection of freakishly talented fighters appear in the 70s that were the exception rather than the rule.

There comes a point in human physiology where you pass the point of diminishing returns and the bigger and taller you are the more ungainly you become. Hand and eye coordination decline.

How many really tall or big technically gifted footballers are there? There's a reason the cliche "a good touch for a big man" exists.

What heavys do have though is power so they focus on their strengths.
Go to any amateur gym or fight and the big guys will always throw less punches, are less mobile, slower and less coordinated- all the things that folk generally appreciate.

Most heavyweights just don't look good and they never will.

I remember there was a train of thought that a whole generation of naturally big athletes were going to American Football etc as they were getting huge cash incentives/ being treated as living gods straight from high school.

Yeah might be something in that. The eras in which guys like Ali foreman etc were at their prime was when other sports like NFL n major league baseball were pretty loath to let in black athletes. Boxing was one the few sports where skin colour wasn't an obstacle. Nowadays there are far more options which don't involve someone else punching you in the face.