Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

He's taken so little damage that he won't be diminished. He clearly looks after himself and he was hardly reliant on speed and reflexes five years ago.

It's a genuine unknown and is hopefully the start of the top 6-7 heavyweights facing each other over the next couple of years.

Said it about 4 months ago on this thread. Joshua would destroy fury and vlad. Was laughed at then.... not so much now

Joshua has done nothing else since then to prove that he would destroy Fury or Vlad. There are still major questions that Joshua has to answer.

He may very well go onto beat Vlad in April but it will certainly be the biggest test of his career so far (not that that's saying much by who he has fought so far).

For me though Fury when physically and mentally on it at this moment in time still beats Joshua. Would be interesting to see how Joshua dealt with a moving target who would be difficult to bully and who would actually hit him back.

Imagine thinking a 3rd round knockout of a bum like Eric Molina 'proves' Joshua would beat Klitschko or Fury :lol:

John Molina has never been an elite fighter, and is maybe a bit shot now, but Terence Crawford was absolutely punch perfect last night, sensational performance. Hope the Pacquaio fight happens next, would be really interesting to see.

2 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Said it about 4 months ago on this thread. Joshua would destroy fury and vlad. Was laughed at then.... not so much now

Everyone's still laughing mate.

Fucking brilliant performance from Charlo last night, absolute vicious uppercut to finish it. He was talking about moving upto 160 if he doesn't get the Canelo unification, a fight I'd love to see

Molina is lucky there's no clamour to withhold his purse for that..no attempt to engage at all, looked completely petrified from the off. Not AJ's biggest fan but he can only go against who is put in front of him.

The Chisora Whyte fight was a treat. Two limited but evenly matched chubbers having a prolonged pub car park banger. If Chisora didn't need to keep stopping midway through his assaults to replenish his reserves he would have won a famous victory there.

19 minutes ago, banana said:

Not understanding the wankfest over Chisora v Whyte. Decent fight, but seeing it touted as FOTY and the best people have seen since 19-oatcake and such :huh:

It was hyped up so much and a few of the rounds were incredible, some chins the two of them showed. I'd honestly just make the rematch a 6 rounder nothing on the line just let the two of them go at it again

Everyone's still laughing mate.
Fucking brilliant performance from Charlo last night, absolute vicious uppercut to finish it. He was talking about moving upto 160 if he doesn't get the Canelo unification, a fight I'd love to see

The Charlo upper cut is one of the best punches I have ever seen. Sweet as a nut.

The AJ showing is irritating me as its bringing a whole new audience to the sport, basically folk who know hee haw about it but like watching the big handsome guy.

My mate quoted it brilliantly, folk who don't know a jab from a jobby.....

2 hours ago, wellboy1991 said:

The Charlo upper cut is one of the best punches I have ever seen. Sweet as a nut.

I've watched it about 200 times now

J Rock can definitely come back from it, only 26 and was doing alright minus the 2nd round. Should've been fighting someone like Trout before going in with Charlo

Edited by Oleksandr