Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Just seen Nick Blackwell had more surgery after sparring again. 

Dont know if this has already been posted but I would sympathise with him if he is struggling to come to terms with his retirement, if he has a family though he is a c*nt.

The boxer and trainer who sparred with him have had their licences suspended, also c*nts.

Edited by gannonball

Would imagine Blackwell would struggle coming to terms with retirement considering how young he is. The boxer and trainer who allowed the sparring to take place should be nowhere near a gym. Complete fuckwits putting his life at risk again even if it was blackwells idea. Blatant negligence , hefty fines and lifetime bans should be the boards only option now.

23 hours ago, Oleksandr said:
I've watched it about 200 times now

J Rock can definitely come back from it, only 26 and was doing alright minus the 2nd round. Should've been fighting someone like Trout before going in with Charlo

Just deleted my youtube link no idea why i couldn't see your twitter link whilst looking on my phone lol

Screenshot_20161213-151203.png
So that's two Sky PPV's and one ITV PPV at the start of next year, presumably BT won't be hanging around to get their 1st PPV as well, customers getting absolutely fucked. Asking folk to pay for Eubank-Quinlan makes Hearns shows look good

Who is going to pay for that drivel? Even if it's a fiver.

One of the stupidest business moves in boxing from Sr not going along with Hearn, that London casual market would've lapped up Jr especially if they kept him Co featuring with AJ. 

6 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Never even heard of this fella he's fighting- just checked his boxrec- he's a fucking novice!! How can that be PPV?

That IBO world title doesn't come cheap

For all the stick Hearn gets, much deserved, does anyone think the undercard on this will match the weekends?

Saturday night had two British title fights, one of which was an excellent fight, a good match up at heavyweight that turned out to be a superb fight, a world title match between a good young fighter and a veteran and a couple of crowd favourites against underdogs. It was a good card, even if the main event was a squash.

Who's going to be on this one? Who else does this promotion have?

That's me just getting caught up now.  Was a better weekend than I was expecting.

Although an awful match up, Joshua has created a bit of interest in getting Molina out of there in much better fashion than Wilder.  A mate that got me into boxing texted me the next day comparing Chisora - Whyte to Gatti - Ward.  It was a decent tear up especially for HW but anyone that thinks its close to FOTY needs to watch another sport imo.

Parker seemed a bit fortunate imo. Never been that keen on him but thought he showed a bit of promise against Dimitrenko I think.  Was always going to be hard for Ruiz to get a decision over there.  Decent fight though.

Been a bit underwhelmed by Mares since he got KO'd by Gonzalez but he was phenomenal at the weekend.  So was Charlo, thought he would win that one which was the best match up of the weekend but not so devastatingly.

Everyone knew Molina had no business being in the ring with Crawford but it was hard to watch at times, should've been stopped earlier by his corner.  Crawford put on an absolute clinic and was great to watch but he'll have credit taken away from him for the mismatched opponent surely.

Will watch Quigg at some point and heard Beltran scored a good KO so will watch that later in the week too.