Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

I see Big Baby Miller is now going to fight some boy from Romania for WBA regular later in the year after Fres Oquendo turned it down despite being mandatory for 3 years. Makes a joke of the organisation if you can still be mandatory despite not having fought in 4 years.

Anthony Yard ranked no.2 with the WBO is another one that springs to mind as an absolute disgrace. Yet to be in a meaningful fight and gets that ranking. 

Talk of Hughie Fury fighting Joshua in April if he beats Pulev at the weekend.  Farcical.

13 hours ago, Neilly said:

I see Big Baby Miller is now going to fight some boy from Romania for WBA regular later in the year after Fres Oquendo turned it down despite being mandatory for 3 years. Makes a joke of the organisation if you can still be mandatory despite not having fought in 4 years.

Anthony Yard ranked no.2 with the WBO is another one that springs to mind as an absolute disgrace. Yet to be in a meaningful fight and gets that ranking. 

Aye, they're joke sanctioning bodies. Only really interested in WBC tbh.

Fury getting very open on the Joe Rogan podcast last night. Full on stuff from him, fragile big guy.

Listened to it on the drive up the road this morning. Was excellent. Didn’t think he came across as fragile to be honest, quite the opposite, sounded like someone that had come out the other side of something horrendous and was all the stronger and grateful for it.

Definitely worth a listen.

5 hours ago, Stevieda said:

Fury getting very open on the Joe Rogan podcast last night. Full on stuff from him, fragile big guy.

Not heard that yet but he did this interview just before it. Sounds like the same tone (though he does discuss having pulled down Wilder's shorts at a photoshoot too). 

IMG_6977.thumb.jpg.5b46dcbae32e01a2a991713fee707ca6.jpg

Lovely stuff. Think Garcia might be a wee bit too small, but should be quality all the same.

Assuming Spence wins, Crawford fight should happen after.
I think hes far too big a bit too small making it a shite fight IMO considering the other stuff available for both.

Really not a fan of these big jumps at all.

On 10/26/2018 at 15:40, J_Stewart said:

Listened to it on the drive up the road this morning. Was excellent. Didn’t think he came across as fragile to be honest, quite the opposite, sounded like someone that had come out the other side of something horrendous and was all the stronger and grateful for it.

Definitely worth a listen.

The opening 30 minutes or so was superb.

Looks like Josh Taylors fight next Saturday isn't even televised. Pish

I would go but I'm a bit tight as I'm going to WWE the week after and I just bought a ticket for Scott Harrisons fight in December (I know).

Edited by Sir Kevin Of Kilsyth

5 hours ago, Sir Kevin Of Kilsyth said:

Looks like Josh Taylors fight next Saturday isn't even televised. Pish

I would go but I'm a bit tight as I'm going to WWE the week after and I just bought a ticket for Scott Harrisons fight in December (I know).

I'm going but i only realised last night it wasn't televised.  Pretty amazed tbh.