Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

1 minute ago, kiddy said:

We’re seeing the end of an era. At 27 Dubois has time in his side. The fight in Dec, if it happens, will see both Usyk & Fury retire.

Fury is gonna be the type that will have about 5 or 6 losses in a row before he gives it up well into his 40s after multiple comebacks from retirement IMO.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Fury is gonna be the type that will have about 5 or 6 losses in a row before he gives it up well into his 40s after multiple comebacks from retirement IMO.

I could see him fighting YouTubers like Mayweather 

Joshua never recovered from the early knockdown and Dubois just looked the sharper, stronger and more dangerous fighter until it ended.

Albeit Joshua's best punch of the night rocked Dubois but 10 seconds later he was on the deck himself. Pretty gruesome watching him trying to get to his feet and being unable to lift his head off the canvas.

A quality performance on the night by Dubois.

3 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Joshua never recovered from the early knockdown and Dubois just looked the sharper, stronger and more dangerous fighter until it ended.

Albeit Joshua's best punch of the night rocked Dubois but 10 seconds later he was on the deck himself. Pretty gruesome watching him trying to get to his feet and being unable to lift his head off the canvas.

A quality performance on the night by Dubois.

It’s hard putting yourself in the position of a fighter, who may have been struggling & down a couple of times, when they may start to feel OK & want to step in having landed their best punch; then get tagged. It had echoes of the 1st Ruiz fight. 

With hindsight, time appeared to be on Joshua’s side & signs were starting to appear it may have been about to start swinging in his favour, going into later rounds.

However, he did jump in & was beaten to the punch, as he had been all night that far.

Sharpness, timing & age all favouring Dubois, in a thoroughly deserved victory.

22 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Ah, a Fury fan then. You should have just said that from the start.

Can’t stand him pal, he believes in fairytales, anybody who thinks a made up bloke fed 5000 with a tin of tuna and a bead roll is real, then constantly pushes them beliefs on to others, is an absolute arsehole. 

Edited by NlGHTMARE

Many commentators have said AJ has a glass jaw. That knockout was a prime example. Dubois is a strong lad but seems to have the heart of a pea both loses i've seen he's basically chucked it when under pressure. I'm glad Dubois won as it's been AJ all over the media all week and arseholes like Agbonlahor thinking calling Dubois Doo Bra was hillarious. AJ always was a PR product trying to make out he's a fun good guy but I reckon behind the facade he's a bit of a c**t.

8 hours ago, kiddy said:

The sold out Wembley stadium. It’s f**kin empty!😂🤣😂

8 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

The fights over

8 hours ago, tinkerbelle said:

There was still loads of adjoining seats available online about 30 mins before the main event 

Take it some folk never saw them announcing the ‘Raffle’ winners?😂🤣😂

7 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

Many commentators have said AJ has a glass jaw. That knockout was a prime example. Dubois is a strong lad but seems to have the heart of a pea both loses i've seen he's basically chucked it when under pressure. I'm glad Dubois won as it's been AJ all over the media all week and arseholes like Agbonlahor thinking calling Dubois Doo Bra was hillarious. AJ always was a PR product trying to make out he's a fun good guy but I reckon behind the facade he's a bit of a c**t.

Not just a cünt, a racist cùnt .