Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Why the complete focus on hayes opponents. He's had two comeback fights ok against no hopes. He's got Briggs soon judge who he fights after they. Look at Furys/AJ path to title bum after bum.

Yes, when they were (are really in AJ's case) both novices and learning their trade. Haye has been a professional for nearly 14 years and has 30 professional fights. One tune up fight against a bum could be forgiven and accepted from someone claiming they want to fight the best in the division, etc, but to fight two bums like that and then line up Shannon Briggs - who hasn't fought anyone of note in 6 years and is only in the public eye because of a catchphrase - is bullshit. Of course no one's being forced to buy tickets or watch his farcical shows, but can still slate them and him for the circus sideshows that they are.

I'm still looking at Haye as though he's out of the sport tbh.  There's no point showing an interest based on what he was like years ago until he proves that he's still got what it takes to compete at a high level.

Look at Furys record who had he fought until the big one Chisora the rest could actually be classed as total bums nothing to do with being a novice.  

I'm not defending Haye i just think the amount of rage to who his opponents have been are a bit OTT.  both guys were unbeaten and i think both were ranked in one of the bodies (i know you take rankings with a pinch of salt)

Next year is when David Haye will be judged.  As for Briggs fight this will top quality entertainment up until the fight.  there will no doubt be more press interest in this than most fights this year.  

Now you have Tony Bellew shouting he's the man.  you can put your money on him doing anything he can to avoid fighting Briedis who his mandatory this is why he's after the russian.

I'm still looking at Haye as though he's out of the sport tbh. There's no point showing an interest based on what he was like years ago until he proves that he's still got what it takes to compete at a high level.

Same here. He's an irrelevance a celebrity first and a boxer a very far behind second.

Serious question here....

Given what Amir Khan has earned over the last 6 years and that he hasn't held a World Title since 2011, are the belts really worth all that much these days? Is it just a case of plotting the easiest route to a title (which we all agree can be done) to make a reputation for yourself then your in the "superfight" division.

Thoughts? 

Wbc coming out against pros going to Olympics...

Pro's at the Olympics is a fcuking ridiculous idea. Simply blocks the path of promising amateurs into pro boxing imo.

Serious question here....

Given what Amir Khan has earned over the last 6 years and that he hasn't held a World Title since 2011, are the belts really worth all that much these days? Is it just a case of plotting the easiest route to a title (which we all agree can be done) to make a reputation for yourself then your in the "superfight" division.

Thoughts?

Not a bad shout. Didn't Khan make more from his last fight with Canelo than GGG has in his career up til now? He can retire young and healthy set up for life.

Not a bad shout. Didn't Khan make more from his last fight with Canelo than GGG has in his career up til now? He can retire young and healthy set up for life.

was it not £9m? fair play but is this not what happens when World titles are watered down?

How many is there these day? WBC, WBA, WBA Super, WBO, IBF, IBO???  Seriously?

What's wrong with 1 World Title, 1 Continental Title & 1 National Title.....then everyone knows where they stand.....the Governing bodies seem too weak for my liking too.

Edited by sjc

Champion vs champion unification bouts are the definition of superfights. Won't ever change while that's where the money lies.

True but how many "Champions" do you need? 2 at the maximum for me.