Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

I've never seen footwork as good as Lomachenko's. The quality of his accuracy, hand speed, combinations and defence are just as good. The guy is astonishing. I genuinely think we're watching an all time great in the making.

Willing to fight anyone as well, wants to leave a legacy not just make some money. I fucking love the guy.

Best I've seen Verdejo on the undercard he's massive at 135, Shiming fight was boring as f**k

I love him too, probably my favourite fighter (other than Ricky Burns obviously) active at the minute. Just so, so good to watch.

Verdejo looked ginormous, he'll fly through the weights. Potential to be as big a star as Cotto I think.

Zhou just seems to be far too ingrained in the amateur style to really progress. Shame cause he's obviously got talent, but he just doesn't sit down on his punches nearly enough.

Haven't watched the other card yet, think I'll save it for tomorrow morning. Would imagine it'll be a good watch as well.

Willing to fight anyone as well, wants to leave a legacy not just make some money. I fucking love the guy.

Best I've seen Verdejo on the undercard he's massive at 135, Shiming fight was boring as f**k

How much did losing his "zero" early on in his Professional career play a part in that?

I've not watched Lomachenko yet, I know he won though.

Provodnikov was awful last night, really poor and just a plodding punchbag. Molina is no great shakes but he boxed rings round him at times. The use of the jab from a puncher should be a worry if you're Provodnikov.

Andrade looked really good, entertaining to watch as well as being skilled. Nelson was a decent test but he passed it easily.

The boy Zlaticanin was fighting was murder. Zlaticanin's power at LW is probably unmatched though.

It's worth your time watching if you can dig it out but none of the three were classics.

Verdejo and Lomachenko were served up a couple of fighters they were supposed to beat easily but both did it brilliantly and couldn't have asked for much more from them tbh.

Zlaticanin looked powerful but basic.  Andrade was excellent and it was good to see him get Nelson out of there.  Surprising how much Molina boxed, he's not great at it really but it was more than enough to get rid of a guy like Provodnikov.  In terms of the phonebox moments the fight felt a bit underwhelming compared to Salido - Vargas last week.

Linares is a champion in recess which usually means they get the opportunity to fight the winner of the vacant belt match up once they're fit again.  Not sure how it's working in this case tbh.  They surely can't just be claiming that this is a unification although Linares had to give up the belt but might get it back again sometime in the near future.

Edited by Pete Rockwell

Crolla is a great boxing story. Never ever thought wed see him at world level. Now he not only is there, but looks like he belongs there. Id have him to beat Zlaticanin or Linares

I like Crolla but rate Linares as well, good match up.