Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Canelo vs Liam Smith signed for HBO PPV (:lol:) in September.

It's at 154 so not a MW tune up, no one in the States will buy it, and on paper it looks lopsided. I think Smith is a bit underrated and their styles should mesh quite well but I can't see past Canelo's experience, power advantage and general better boxing. Pleased that Smith gets a payday but that's about it.

I genuinely don't think he will fight GGG until GGG is about 40. In fact I don't think it will ever happen.

It's all games. "Keep off the ankle for 12 weeks"? That would have to be some sprain.

The weight not coming off as quickly as he'd like, or not making much of an effort to get rid of the gut?

Is Canelo going to start slicing parts off his body? He's looked like a ghost at weigh ins now he's going down even further, Canelo-Smith and GGG-Eubank then? Poor show

It's unbelievable how much he appears to be ducking Golovkin if he's going to start killing himself to make 154 again.

Canelo vs Liam Smith signed for HBO PPV ( :lol:) in September.

It's at 154 so not a MW tune up, no one in the States will buy it, and on paper it looks lopsided. I think Smith is a bit underrated and their styles should mesh quite well but I can't see past Canelo's experience, power advantage and general better boxing. Pleased that Smith gets a payday but that's about it.

I genuinely don't think he will fight GGG until GGG is about 40. In fact I don't think it will ever happen.

He wants tune up fights for 160, but fights smith at 154. Seems legit.

Agreed, he'll never fight Golovkin.

Is it literally at 154? If so, he obviously has no intention of going near Golovkin.

Does Canelo ever fight in the middleweight division?!

It certainly looks like he's ducking GGG. Perhaps he did get KO'd in sparring by GGG all those years ago?

Does Canelo ever fight in the middleweight division?!

It certainly looks like he's ducking GGG. Perhaps he did get KO'd in sparring by GGG all those years ago?

His last couple of fights have been fought at a catchweight of 155lbs, but both for middleweight titles. It's widely acknowledged that he's actually enters the ring at over 170lbs.

He's definitely avoiding Golovkin, as he knows the end result.

155lb is in the middleweight division.

Canelo is THE number 1 pussy in boxing just now.

His team were releasing statements about how he is happy at 155 a few months ago, as if thats even a fucking thing... And now hes decided that wven that is too close to King Gennadys realm so he is scurrying back down to light middle.

Good riddance. f**k Canelo v GGG. If Golovkin can fight 3 or 4 times a year and build up a Hopkins type middleweight reign against all the #1 contenders it would be a pretty good career for him. He would knock off some decent names while the big names decide if they have the balls to face him.

is it? I thought it was a catchweight with 160Lbs being middleweight?

155lb is in the middleweight division.

Canelo is THE number 1 pussy in boxing just now.

His team were releasing statements about how he is happy at 155 a few months ago, as if thats even a fucking thing... And now hes decided that wven that is too close to King Gennadys realm so he is scurrying back down to light middle.

Good riddance. f**k Canelo v GGG. If Golovkin can fight 3 or 4 times a year and build up a Hopkins type middleweight reign against all the #1 contenders it would be a pretty good career for him. He would knock off some decent names while the big names decide if they have the balls to face him.

Saunders will fight GGG for the right money I reckon that has to be the fight they look at, then he'll have all the belts and can just fight anyone who wants a go. Jacobs won't fight him I doubt