Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

The IBF leave themselves open to criticism a lot of the time, but they've taken the lead over other sanctioning bodies & got this one bang on .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/36581870

WBC have already announced they'll ban anyone for two years

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/10303211/top-wbc-boxers-face-two-year-ban-if-they-fight-at-olympics

Andre Wards tune up fight is Alexander Brand on August 6th.

Take it Matchroom couldn't get the deal done for Cleverly?

Strange fight to take, Brand's a SM!

Edited by kiddy

I don't mind fighters getting used to a new weight before taking on the best in the division. Didn't want him holding the lineal title hostage in the meantime.

He's been at middleweight for 5 fights now, just been killing himself to get down to 155 so he can use this excuse. After he wom the WBC belt he could've fought a decent middleweight like Lemieux but he chose to fight a welter instead then ditch his belt rather than fight GGG. Absolute disgrace that we have to wait till the 2nd half of next year for the fight.

I invited him into the ring, like we say in Mexico 'We don't f**k around'! We don't fight for rings & stuff like that, I don't fear anyone. We don't come to play in this sport, I fear no one in this sport...(On fighting GGG later this year)...As I said in the last fight, right now I'll put on the gloves again.

Seems to me he's doing quite a bit of 'fucking around'. 

Perhaps that clip should read vacuous, instead of vicious?

Edited by kiddy

Neither of them are jobbers by any means but it's not the world class fight some are making out.

The PPV is awful. Joshua's matchmaking gets criticised and rightly so at this stage, but the fights Eubank is being booked in are arguably worse. He's talking about GGG yet his last four fights are Jeter, O'Sullivan, Blackwell, Doran. Awful.