Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

That was exactly the sort of piece I was expecting to read when you made that first post.

I'm backing up what I said via an interview the fighter's given & confirmed by his promoter.

What have you got to back up your claim? I'll happily defer to your greater inside knowledge, should you back it up.

Mind when Canelo said he wanted the Golovkin fight...

Burns will have nothing to do with Crawford let's be honest but Zlatacanin I think he would stand a chance and it's a logical move. That night at Braehead he was a shadow of his true self and was still in a really bad place mentally after the jaw issue.

Broner KO's Burns at 140 imo.

His days of taking on the best are behind him now I think. I think he's seen within matchroom as an easy hometown sellout show (Hearns' speciality) he'll be fed mainly a diet of fluffy's from now on imo.  If he can't beat Figueroa I'd give him very little chance of beating Zlaticanin.

Edited by Pete Rockwell

Take a look at @RigoElChacal305's Tweet: https://twitter.com/RigoElChacal305/status/743493529326886912?s=09

This is bigger than Mayweather vs Pacquiao IMO.

Bigger than the rumble in the jungle, bigger than the thrilla in Manila, this is the screama in the ice arena.

7.5 million PPV buy rate in the states...minimum, IMO.

Fuckin' YAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSS

There's literally no better fight available in boxing right now in my opinion. Complete 50/50. The huge puncher against the slick boxer, is usually a pretty good match up, but when the puncher can box and the boxer can punch and they're two of the best boxers on the planet, then there's the possibility for fireworks. It's got the potential to be fucking amazing! Hopefully it gets the hype and exposure from the MSM that it deserves.

Aye. Ironically, folk I know that arent that into boxing will be so oblivious to this fight for most of the build up, the types that showed an interest for Pac v Floyd etc yet it is the fight everyone who follows boxing has been craving. I hope Kovalev smashes Ward to pieces.

Quite, but then wonder if Ward will give him a complete boxing lesson?

Shit hot but inactive over the last few years and hasnt fought anyone of Kovs calibre in a long time... Ring rust may feature

Kovalev, Stevenson then a move to CW, or is that a step too far weight wise? Edited by kiddy