Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

5 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Couldn't get that stream to work. Wanted credit card details and all sorts. Couldn't find an open sports bar either to see if it was on anywhere

I've said it before that 130 isn't in a great division, Sosa's a linear fighter every time I've watched him but Lomachenko looked fantastic. I'm not big on PFP talk but he must be one of the bests. Not sure where he goes from here, boxing politics are pushing the Garcia fight at 135 but he's a much bigger fighter, Kellerman even mentioned Crawford which is awful. 

Surprised at how lenient the refs were on the other HBO fights (commentary was about as bad as Sky). Will watch Turbo Terry tomorrow. I quite like Petrov I enjoyed watching those Boxcino tournaments on a Friday. 

56 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

Sounds interesting, we expecting the Quigg fight to be a decent watch? Mate is a massive AJ fan and wants us to get this PPV but I was thinking of swerving this one. Probably be better than the Haye shite we got.

Nothing involving a Tesco Joe fighter is a good watch,even if he's now Wild Card. 

Just watched lomachenko fight. Tremendous as per usual- footwork the best in the business and superb accuracy.

However a few things creeping in I don't like. He is starting to get a bit like mayweather and other superstars who think that they can ref the fight- too often he was complaining about heads and low blows. A bit of disrespectful show boating creeping in as well with the matador stuff. I don't really mind that stuff so much during a fight - just hope he doesn't start it afterwards.

He's a great boxer but as he moves up and fights a strong pressure fighter who takes him out his comfort zone then he might come unstuck.

14 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

However a few things creeping in I don't like. He is starting to get a bit like mayweather and other superstars who think that they can ref the fight- too often he was complaining about heads and low blows.

Salido fight might still be in the back of his mind, the points get taken off for low blows then he's still undefeated. 

11 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Looks like Joe Smith next which is a great fight.

Aye good fight, hopefully all the contenders start fighting each other while the belts are tied up, shame the Barrera Beterbiev fight didn't happen