Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Aye but he did what Wlad couldnt... He beat them all.

Off the top off my head Marciano has beaten the likes of Joe Walcott, Ezzard Charles, Joe Louis and Archie Moore. Vladimir has beaten David Haye.

Joe Louis was a shadow of his former self by this point. Marciano said the same himself.

Moore was a light heavyweight as was Charles. Walcott fought Marciano at the very end of his career too......I was just making the point that like the Klitchos, Marcianos opponents were questioned in relation to his legacy.

People forget that Vitali lost only twice in his career. First to Chris Byrd where he retired on his stool with a shoulder injury after the 9th round, while winning practically every round in the fight.  The other against Lewis where the fight was stopped by the doctor while Vitali was ahead on all three judges cards.  Lewis wouldn't fight him again and he fought everyone else put in front of him for the rest of his career.

Joe Louis was a shadow of his former self by this point. Marciano said the same himself.

Moore was a light heavyweight as was Charles. Walcott fought Marciano at the very end of his career too......I was just making the point that like the Klitchos, Marcianos opponents were questioned in relation to his legacy.

They still fought at heavyweight and are by far and away tougher than anything that Vlad has bested.

I just think both of them were quite shite, best of a terribly bad bunch.

Any heavyweight that gets took to a decision by Chisora cant even be considered with the all time greats imo

Saunders saying he wants 2m dollars to fight a mandatory on the Canelo vs Smith undercard. Awful.

Ortiz vs Ustinov also on the same card. Ortiz wins that easy. Hopefully he calls out one of the other champs.

Another UK belt getting held hostage. There's maybe one thing we're better at than the Germans after all.

Saunders saying he wants 2m dollars to fight a mandatory on the Canelo vs Smith undercard. Awful.

Ortiz vs Ustinov also on the same card. Ortiz wins that easy. Hopefully he calls out one of the other champs.

:lol: :lol: that's fucking hilarious. They'll have to stack that card to get anything near decent buys surely, Saunders-Lemieux would be a good fight

:lol: :lol: that's fucking hilarious. They'll have to stack that card to get anything near decent buys surely, Saunders-Lemieux would be a good fight

He can fight anyone in the top 15 so there's some real jobber options.

I've seen a couple of suggestions that they want Saunders on there with a view to him fighting Canelo next.

When he beat Andy Lee back in December

Is that twice hes been in the ring since Eubank Jr?

Just checked Boxrec to confirm. Boxing News saying they're lining up a BJ/Canelo fight next.

Edited by kiddy

I reckon it's a bit harsh to call him a coward, pussy etc. Put yourself in their position there's someone who you think will probably beat you, and who's got vicious power, could do some real damage. There's only two fighters I've ever seen I'd legit call cowards. There was one fight in the ufc I saw where the boy spent the whole fight literally running away from his opponent, can't mind his name. The 'boxer'....

Normally I agree... However his 155 antics and dragging light welterweights up to fight against while GGG is fighting in the division is proper pussy stuff of the highest order.

Id have no qualms with him not fighting GGG if he came out and said hes scared to, but he wont.

True, his excuse for dropping the belt was a classic.

Normally I agree... However his 155 antics and dragging light welterweights up to fight against while GGG is fighting in the division is proper pussy stuff of the highest order.

Id have no qualms with him not fighting GGG if he came out and said hes scared to, but he wont.

He's basically made it clear twice now that he wants nothing to do with Golovkin.  He's handed over the lineal 160 belt and if he can continue to make 154 (which remains to be seen) then he's entitled to fight at that division.  It's hard to be optimistic about what lies ahead in his matchmaking whatever happens so I'll continue to pay more attention to what other fighters are doing in the sport.