Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

I had it 7-5 to Manny with the 9th being a 10-8 round such was his dominance.  Not quite the robbery of Tim Bradley but a very close exciting fight.  He has certainly regressed from his peak, and you can see he is a good bit slower with less power, but I am sure he will fight on.  He will get a rematch against Horn at least.

:lol:

Didn't see anything other than a Pac decision victory pre-fight, shouldn't have been anything other than post-fight, won by at least 3 in my opinion. Fair play to Horn, gave absolutely everything he had, but didn't provide any real quality at all, while Pac was landing clean, often. A strange decision from what I just watched.

Actually quite enjoyed that fight, Buglioni gets beaten comfortably and repeatedly at European level though, let alone world. Good ticket seller by all accounts, and always seems a decent lad, but a very limited boxer.

Yep, I used to live in Enfield and he's got a massive support and sells a lot of tickets.

Top lad as well, I used to teach at a special school and he came down, did an assembly - let all the kids have a photo with his belt and stuff. When we spoke to him about needing stuff for a raffle to raise money he got in touch with Harry Kane and arranged a signed shirt.

He is British level at best though. Would like to see him rematch with Burton if at all possible. Thoroughly enjoyed that.

Just watched Manny - had him winning by four. Pretty poor decision but would imagine it sets up a rematch.

Honestly bizarre. Pac won fairly convincingly in my eyes. These stats are quite something too,
DDtLoAyXYAAY3pz.jpg

Not seen the fight as I'm on holiday but stats are nonsense anyway. Just a person watching a fight and adjudging the action like anyone else. There is nothing scientific or authoritative about them. They also tell you nothing about the impact of the punch which is a key determinant in whether someone wins a round.

They also can't tell you what ratio of punches were landed/received by each man in each round, I'm not much of a punch stat fan myself. 

Horn won the lottery Saturday night, hope he wins the rematch, boxing needs these romantic tales like him and Joe Smith Jr. 

watched it again last night thought it was a good fight close only thing that was shocking about it was the wide scorecard.  From the ref telling Horne he was going to pull him out at the end of the 9th round.  and him coming out a laying it all on the line the last couple of rounds.  Can't help but feel happy for him fight could've went either way but Horn probably did enough to shade it by one.

watched it again last night thought it was a good fight close only thing that was shocking about it was the wide scorecard.  From the ref telling Horne he was going to pull him out at the end of the 9th round.  and him coming out a laying it all on the line the last couple of rounds.  Can't help but feel happy for him fight could've went either way but Horn probably did enough to shade it by one.

Was it the 10th the ref came over again and his trainer just said "he won the bloody round!?"

Anyone else going along on Saturday? Managed to find the full card -

92bb3fc5d97539047b6b9823a09d15f8.jpg

Sadly not. Had considered it, think it'll be a decent fight, but hadn't seen the undercard until now. Shelling out on transport, hotel and an inevitable night out for just this fight didn't add up. Also seeing it is televised (ch.5) - checked this over the weekend and couldn't see it saying it was on tv anywhere.