Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

I will need to watch it again sober but I thought both did well. Taylor has the same vulnerability as he's always had in the ams- plants his feet and too upright so takes too many punches. I don't think he 'schooled' OD either because he ducked the hook.

I'm sorry but OD got an absolute lesson there. He probably hurt Taylor once in that entire fight. Taylor was either blocking the shots or moving out the way. The amount of wild swings from OD made him look like a novice was simply ducking out the way.

Taylor was pretty much landing at will for long spells of that fight. Was a much easier fight for him than I expected

Burns is murder. 

Aye, definitely, I mean apart from being a three weight world champion and Scotland's greatest / most decorated ever boxer by fucking miles, what's he actually done?

This Easton v Jamoye fight is tremendous entertainment.

13 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Burns would destroy him. You can't buy experience.

Ridiculous statement. Burns has never destroyed anyone. Taylor looked world class tonight. He would beat Burns without breaking sweat. 

Josh was very impressive and Ohara ended up just swinging and hoping for the best at times. Made him look poor which I was quite surprised about. 

Ridiculous statement. Burns has never destroyed anyone. Taylor looked world class tonight. He would beat Burns without breaking sweat. 

Kevin Mitchell would thoroughly disagree. Ricky utterly decimated him.

Does Burns destroy him though. Burns has been a great fighter and made the best of what he has but is he on the wrong side of the hill for this type of fight?

Not sure if Burns wound be able to hurt Taylor and at this stage could he outbox him? I'm not so sure. Yes Taylor is inexperienced but I think he might have to much for an ageing Burns.

Wouldn't like to see Ricky go out like that.

15 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Aye, definitely, I mean apart from being a three weight world champion and Scotland's greatest / most decorated ever boxer by fucking miles, what's he actually done?

This Easton v Jamoye fight is tremendous entertainment.

Naw naw naw.

Plenty journeymen out there with 200+?fights does that mean they will beat Taylor. The number of fights they have had is completely irrelevant. How many fights has vasyl lomachenko had? Would burns beat him? Fud

4 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

9 fights vs 50 odds? Get real.

I've written Ricky Burns off so many times the past and he's proved me wrong, but I really don't think it's a good idea for him to take the fight with Taylor. He didn't sounds particularly keen on the idea either to be fair. 

Plenty journeymen out there with 200+?fights does that mean they will beat Taylor. The number of fights they have had is completely irrelevant. How many fights has vasyl lomachenko had? Would burns beat him? Fud

Difference between being smashed 200 times and figuring out a way to beat 90% of opponents. Experience is an absolutely massive advantage in boxing.