Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

No one's calling him a world beater after 10 fights but his progress is excellent and he's answering questions as time goes on. His chin looks good and that was an unknown going into last night and his body work is some of the best in the sport right now. 

3 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

How was the crowd last night? Taylor is great but I have my reservations about going to his fights because I fear I'd be surrounded by Hibs supporters with that horrible accent.

Plenty east coasters were through.

Ye ken?

4 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

I was drunk when I watched the fight on holiday in a boozer so I'd need to see it again to comment properly. However Taylor is still a relative novice in the pro game. He's had a high standard of opposition in his 10 fights but he's yet to have to respond to a crisis such as a cut, being put down or even badly hurt. Until he gets a test like that then nobody is in a position to make definitive claims about what he would do to someone like burns.

He's not went over 8 rounds either and basically everyone he's hit has fallen- how's he going to react when he hits someone his best and they still stand there? How is his stamina? His desire? How calmness under pressure?his plan B?

We don't know any of that about Taylor yet and he should be careful not to bite off more than he can chew too early as once your fighting the likes of burns then the genie is out the bottle and you can't put it back in.

He looks the best Scottish boxer in my lifetime but there are still plenty of unknowns and plenty of ways he could come unstuck. He is far from flawless.

He got cut against Joubert so went out and leathered him.

How was the crowd last night? Taylor is great but I have my reservations about going to his fights because I fear I'd be surrounded by Hibs supporters with that horrible accent.

All joking aside there was no Hibs stuff and more west coast than east coast around me.

That was my first time at boxing at braehead, it's a really good venue, we were in the cheap seats and still had a good view and the atmosphere was class but the bar is an utter disaster.

Eastons got a lot of potential but he needs to work on that defence, brilliant fight though. Taylor has come on leaps and bounds, he needs to improve the defence and shot selection IMO but he has so much potential.

From a selfish point of view, Taylor on a Frampton undercard in somewhere like Belfast would be a great weekend away. Financially I think they'll be kept separate though.

10 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Jist getting round to watching this. Was anyone disputing that this was an absolute schooling of Calzaghe Lacy type proportions?

At least Lacy stood and took his medicine for 12 rounds. 

Davies is just a loudmouth, domestic level boxer at best imo. Taylor's bodywork was superb. Footwork also gets better with every fight. A fight between him and Ricky doesn't appeal to me that much. Taylor wins by decision in a passing of the torch ceremony. Would have loved to see this fight if Ricky was in his prime though.

He got cut against Joubert so went out and leathered him.

I know Josh personally and trust me he is very very game. Made OD look very poor. Not getting carried away but he has all the potentail to get to the top.

Edit the pans isn't Edinburgh [emoji23][emoji23]

Just watched it again there - this time with only a half dozen beers in me. Taylor destroyed him. Davies was really crude swinging and lunging with no subtlety.

In saying that OD did win the 5th- he dominated the first minute and a half and then had another decent exchange after that even though the second half of the round Taylor came on.

In my defence I had a drunk Finnish fool shouting at the screen and punching the air in front of me and being an absolute pest. If my missus hadn't told me it would be a liberty as he was so drunk I'd have given thought to having strong words with him after he got a bit cheeky later on.

Vast majority of Taylor's work was short range and inside as well which is difficult to pick up on pissed in a pub in Gran Canaria with a dodgy stream - where as where OD had any success it was at a distance landing the odd hook or straight right. Mostly hitting Taylor's tight guard though.

Met a friend this afternoon in a pub and had a coffee, at £2.75 it wasn't even much cheaper than a pint. Keeping the beer down to once a week just now, doing more conditioning work at the moment from Infinite Intensity by Enamait.

Just watched it again there - this time with only a half dozen beers in me. Taylor destroyed him. Davies was really crude swinging and lunging with no subtlety.

In saying that OD did win the 5th- he dominated the first minute and a half and then had another decent exchange after that even though the second half of the round Taylor came on.

In my defence I had a drunk Finnish fool shouting at the screen and punching the air in front of me and being an absolute pest. If my missus hadn't told me it would be a liberty as he was so drunk I'd have given thought to having strong words with him after he got a bit cheeky later on.

Vast majority of Taylor's work was short range and inside as well which is difficult to pick up on pissed in a pub in Gran Canaria with a dodgy stream - where as where OD had any success it was at a distance landing the odd hook or straight right. Mostly hitting Taylor's tight guard though.

It happens. Sometimes just take a telling when people on here tell you yer wrong though