Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Was just coming on to post the same. Says his body can't take the punishment of training anymore and he's lost the motivation. Genuinely gutted, as he was one of my favourite boxers. Was really hoping he was going to fight Stevenson, completely unify the division, and then have a blast at cruiserweight, sadly not to be.

Shame Promotional issues cost him a couple of years of his prime. Comfortably one of the best - if not the best - boxers of his generation. The absolute schooling he gave that knob Froch was fucking glorious.

Was just coming on to post the same. Says his body can't take the punishment of training anymore and he's lost the motivation. Genuinely gutted, as he was one of my favourite boxers. Was really hoping he was going to fight Stevenson, completely unify the division, and then have a blast at cruiserweight, sadly not to be.
Shame Promotional issues cost him a couple of years of his prime. Comfortably one of the best - if not the best - boxers of his generation. The absolute schooling he gave that knob Froch was fucking glorious.

I'd say delicious.[emoji23]

1 hour ago, dundeefc1783 said:

See carl has an article on sky sports saying he isn't sad to see Ward go. It's not sour grapes though. Aye sure Carl.

He is pathetic he is worse than a bitter ex

If a female showed me that much disdain I'd think she fancied me.

Edited by ayrmad

Think Froch's bitterness comes from Ward making him look stupid at times in the fight. Schooling indeed!

Watch Froch having the cheek to raise his arm at just prior to the decision announcement............even better is his face when its made! :lol: 

The best thing about it wasn't just that he completely outboxed him - and he did - but that he absolutely bullied him on the inside as well, making Froch's "big, tough warrior" bullshit in the lead-up look ridiculous.

Ward was levels above almost everyone he fought (Kovalev maybe being the only exception), and will be a first ballot hall of famer no question. A boxing genius.

On 20/09/2017 at 09:16, dundeefc1783 said:

Frampton has signed with MTK. Not convinced that's a great move.

Can't help but think he should have swallowed his pride and went back to fast Eddie.

MTK are only his management not his promoter. That has still to be decided but an absolute shoe in to be going with Fast Eddie.

20 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

The best thing about it wasn't just that he completely outboxed him - and he did - but that he absolutely bullied him on the inside as well, making Froch's "big, tough warrior" bullshit in the lead-up look ridiculous.

Ward was levels above almost everyone he fought (Kovalev maybe being the only exception), and will be a first ballot hall of famer no question. A boxing genius.

Ward v Calzaghe (both in their prime) would have been some fight.