Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

I’d take Groves to beat Smith with one arm, if he really had to in the final.

Disagree with this. Think Smith is very under rated compared to groves eubank and degale. Hopefully we get to see how good he is against groves providing he can get through his semi.

My dad was telling me about his favourite fight ever

Roberto Duran v Carlos Palamino

June 22nd 1979 at MSG

just watched It on youtube there, what a couple of boxers. Duran looks something else and Palamino took a lot of punches well and keep battling.

15 minutes ago, Super_A said:

Chino is an absolute Don, what a guy.

In terms of dishing out well deserved in-ring beatings, his absolute bodying of Adrien Broner is third only to the shoeing that Shane Mosley and Manny Pacquaio gave to Margarito for me. Absolutely glorious to watch all three of those fine examples of a total scumbag getting their comeuppance.

Anyone know if anyone in the UK is broadcasting SuperFly 2? It’s not as good as the last one but a quality main event, beats that late notice semi-final and Frank’s shit poverty card.

It’s on HBO in the states apparently so should manage to find a stream

I can’t believe people actually rate Callum Smith. George Groves will beat him, and he’ll do it convincingly.

Will be a close fight imo. Smith didn't get out of 2nd gear last night and will be loads better to fight groves. Think it will be a cracker right enough hopefully will be made sooner rather than later.

Callum Smith has never been in with anyone close to Groves calibre IMO. If Smith can beat Groves that would be seriously impressive. Big flashy powerful looking shots are all well and good against cans, but he will find he maybe need to resort to solid fundamentals against Groves. I hope Smith is the real deal but if I was betting it would be on Groves without hesitation.