Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Victor and winston in the ring, in Glasgow [emoji16]. Anyway, the result was never in doubt. Great also to see wee kenny carrying Josh's belt in, great lad, he goes down our local club [emoji122]

Appreciate that the guy was a late replacement but I'd be raging if I'd bought a ticket for the Taylor fight. That was a waste of time for all concerned

Oh well. Taylor can only beat who’s put in front of him I suppose, which tonight was absolutely nothing. Fair play to him taking the fight at short notice, but Campos was way out his depth and looked like he’d only had maybe half a dozen sparring sessions in his life never mind actual bouts. Right call from the referee, that boy was gonna end up getting badly hurt IMO.

I learnt more about Josh Taylor in the post fight interview than I did in the fight I think. He seems to have a really mature head on his shoulders, appears to be a humble boy, and the fast tracking doesn’t seem to be effecting him at all.

With Ricky Burns winding down it’s really pleasing that there’s another talented Scottish boxer who’s also a sound lad for us to watch.

The only thing more wild than Rabchenko’s shorts were his attempted hooks in the first round. Thought Brook actually looked quite nervous going in to his ring walk, but the gulf in class was so vast that it didn’t matter in the slightest. Will likely do his confidence a bit of good though, so will have served it’s purpose.