Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Definitely said bum.

For me, Fury made really hard work of an opponent that posed no threat. He seemed to get caught with the occasional shot which, against Wilder or the likes, would end up sitting him down. Looks like a match made it heaven for Wilder IMO.

On reflection, I think Wilder has played the whole AJ thing perfectly. He KOs Fury, becomes lineal champion and puts himself in a far better position to expect closer to 50/50.

Someone needs to do more in boxing to prevent crap like this happening it’s embarrassing.

They certainly won’t be getting any of my money.

Wilder has fought 1 decent boxer in what 40 fights ? Now fury has jumped the queue to fight this clown because he believes he’s not the same fury that beat Klitschko.

I take it the winner of the fight will then take on the winner of Ksi v Logan Paul maybe even stone cold Steve Austin or the rock might come out of retirement for it.

4 hours ago, Detournement said:

Fury is cashing out.

With Saunders throwing chicken at Wilder and Fury calling him 'boy' and walking out to Lynrd Skynrd it looks like they are going to play the racist angle to sell this.

Fairly vile post, H_B. Retracting it after realising he said bum instead of jumping to conclusions?

Fury and Saunders have been the victims of racism their whole career and have spoken out against it repeatedly. The walk on music was clearly a troll, the nandos incident daft and Fury and Wilder have made it clear how much they rate and admire each other each other underneath the panto trash talk. 

As for the fight, it was job done. Step 1 was to get him into the ring after all his mental health issues, this was an opportunity to shake off ring rust against a better opponent who he could still have his way with. Ideally, he would do over someone like Chisora or Whyte next as another easy fight with a step up in class but you have to admire him for going against wilder. 

It is probably too soon, if wilder connects cleanly with his right hand, anyone goes. Is fury sharp enough to avoid it? Cos he would outbox wilder all night if fully fit. Interesting fight and good to see them step up.

As expected, routine win for frampton. Shame for Barnes, stunning punch to finish it though.

I don't think it was jumping to conclusions to think the AP report that is being carried by publications all over the world was accurate

Fury beat his Italian opponent 100-90 on referee Steve Gray’s scorecard. Sections of the crowd present had booed at the fight’s conclusion. After Fury’s win Wilder climbed into the ring to join the 30-year-old victor and the American declared their proposed fight is “officially on”.

Fury then told him: “I’m knocking you the f**k out, boy.”

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/aug/18/tyson-fury-confirms-deontay-wilder-fight-francesco-pianeta

Saunders has been an idiot for a long time. The video of him and Kid Galahad harassing a random guy on the street in Sheffield this week was horrible.

Fairly vile post, H_B. Retracting it after realising he said bum instead of jumping to conclusions?
Fury and Saunders have been the victims of racism their whole career and have spoken out against it repeatedly. The walk on music was clearly a troll, the nandos incident daft and Fury and Wilder have made it clear how much they rate and admire each other each other underneath the panto trash talk. 
As for the fight, it was job done. Step 1 was to get him into the ring after all his mental health issues, this was an opportunity to shake off ring rust against a better opponent who he could still have his way with. Ideally, he would do over someone like Chisora or Whyte next as another easy fight with a step up in class but you have to admire him for going against wilder. 
It is probably too soon, if wilder connects cleanly with his right hand, anyone goes. Is fury sharp enough to avoid it? Cos he would outbox wilder all night if fully fit. Interesting fight and good to see them step up.
As expected, routine win for frampton. Shame for Barnes, stunning punch to finish it though.

If he were to fight Whyte next I think he’d go into that fight as the underdog. I’d back Whyte to knock him out.

5 hours ago, Detournement said:

I don't think it was jumping to conclusions to think the AP report that is being carried by publications all over the world was accurate

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/aug/18/tyson-fury-confirms-deontay-wilder-fight-francesco-pianeta

Saunders has been an idiot for a long time. The video of him and Kid Galahad harassing a random guy on the street in Sheffield this week was horrible.

I see, you believe trash, race-baiting media like the Guardian more readily than you believe or are willing to check with your own ears.

8 hours ago, Cowshed Chris said:

For me, Fury made really hard work of an opponent that posed no threat. He seemed to get caught with the occasional shot which, against Wilder or the likes, would end up sitting him down.

Didn't seem like that at all. As far as I could tell, Fury was intentionally letting himself get into testing moments to see where he's at. The other boy couldn't take advantage, which is partly a testament to Fury's abilities.

Can't imagine the gameplan was anything other than getting in 10 rounds.

1 hour ago, Cowshed Chris said:

If he were to fight Whyte next I think he’d go into that fight as the underdog. I’d back Whyte to knock him out.

The same Whyte who couldn't knock out Helenius or Dave Allen?

The same Whyte who got a gift decision against Chisora(who Tyson fury schooled twice)?

The same Whyte who, if not for the second round headbutt/push being somehow called a knockdown, would've drawn with a very poor Joseph Parker?

He's a joke to be calling the performance last night embarrassing, given his last few fights. 

He might be lucky and catch fury, but fury is levels above. The amount of people who swallow the matchroom hype train is staggering. 

The same Whyte who couldn't knock out Helenius or Dave Allen?
The same Whyte who got a gift decision against Chisora(who Tyson fury schooled twice)?
The same Whyte who, if not for the second round headbutt/push being somehow called a knockdown, would've drawn with a very poor Joseph Parker?
He's a joke to be calling the performance last night embarrassing, given his last few fights. 
He might be lucky and catch fury, but fury is levels above. The amount of people who swallow the matchroom hype train is staggering. 

Helenius was impossible to knock out as he wasn’t interested in getting involved in the fight. In any case, Whyte has improved remarkably since 2016 - that’s undeniable.
He’d deal with a very suspect Fury IMO.

1 hour ago, banana said:

Didn't seem like that at all. As far as I could tell, Fury was intentionally letting himself get into testing moments to see where he's at. The other boy couldn't take advantage, which is partly a testament to Fury's abilities.

Can't imagine the gameplan was anything other than getting in 10 rounds.

That's how I saw it as well tbh but I can see where Chris is coming from and he certainly won't have impressed the American audience.

59 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Even before he ruined himself with coke and kebabs Fury had a questionable chin.

His punch resistance has to be worse now and if he has to lose more weight it'll get worse. Add that to carrying no power and you are talking about a HW Amir Khan,

Except Khan is easy to hit. 

What's all the shite about Fury being out of shape btw?  Absolute tripe.  He sailed through 10 rounds,  never breathed with his mouth open throughout the whole fight and still looked relatively fresh at the end.  The man deserves nothing but credit and respect.  I'm astonished at the shape he's in after the abuse his body took, fair play to the guy. 

Just now, John Lambies Doos said:
1 hour ago, Detournement said:
Even before he ruined himself with coke and kebabs Fury had a questionable chin.
His punch resistance has to be worse now and if he has to lose more weight it'll get worse. Add that to carrying no power and you are talking about a HW Amir Khan,

Since when did Khan have no power?

Tbf he's never been a concussive puncher.