Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

He didn't do enough for most of that but Froch and Bellew practically calling Parker a shitebag up until the last two, shows what slavers they are. Plenty wouldn't have gotten up after that second knock down, never mind take it a Rocky 2 final round situation. Feel a bit sorry for Parker that he had a netball ref in the last fight and no ref in that one as well.

Some night all in.

7 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I bet on Whyte by decision, squeaky bum time in the final round there. Assume Whyte decision win.

Same here. Got the heart fair pounding at the end there. 

Thought Whyte looked good slipping Parker’s jab, has a decent jab himself and of course a hammer of a left hook. No real right hand though. Too bulked up or maybe he just knew he’s not got the speed to land it on Parker? 

Had Whyte to stop Parker so a bit gutted to see him get up from that second knock down! Parker is not normal, getting up from that. 

In case anyone was wondering, in the premier event in the boxing world tonight, Lee McAllister stopped Danny Williams in the 10th rd. And knocked Williams down 3 times in the first 5.

25 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Hearn got Wilder boxed into a corner? Think Whyte should go for Wilder to lever more cash in any prospective fight with AJ.

Looks like it but the WBC are capable of anything to maximise their cut.

I think it will be Povetkin-Whyte-Wilder-Fury.

58 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Looks like it but the WBC are capable of anything to maximise their cut.

I think it will be Povetkin-Whyte-Wilder-Fury.

Surely not if Joshua beats him? Not that I disagree with your sentiment regarding the WBC.

Looks like it but the WBC are capable of anything to maximise their cut. I think it will be Povetkin-Whyte-Wilder-Fury.

Povetkin is Joshua's mandatory (WBA), Whyte- Wilders (WBC), IIRC. 

Throw in the IBF & WBO & any undisputed fight may be some way off.

14 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Povetkin is Joshua's mandatory (WBA), Whyte- Wilders (WBC), IIRC. 

Throw in the IBF & WBO & any undisputed fight may be some way off.

I don't think it's in any of the Bodies interests to have one fighter holding all the belts.

He didn't do enough for most of that but Froch and Bellew practically calling Parker a shitebag up until the last two, shows what slavers they are. Plenty wouldn't have gotten up after that second knock down, never mind take it a Rocky 2 final round situation. Feel a bit sorry for Parker that he had a netball ref in the last fight and no ref in that one as well.
Some night all in.
Same here. Got the heart fair pounding at the end there. 

It still makes me angry this morning thinking about how bad and biased that commentary was. A pair of complete roasters. The fact that the first knockdown was a headbutt and push was entirely ignored during the fight itself, and then in the immediate aftermath, which, when you consider that Parker was handily winning that round and a 10-9 for him as opposed to 10-8 for Whyte would have given Parker the fight, is absolutely bizarre.

Mikey Garcia beat Easter Jnr on points last night (still amazed this wasn’t picked up by a UK broadcaster) and it looks like he’ll be fighting Errol Spence Jnr up at welterweight by the end of the year, which should be a phenomenal fight.

The Aberdeen Assassin moving up 9 divisions to stop and retire the man that sparked our Mike Tyson though. Probably the biggest story in professional sport. Rumours of a money spinning world title shot at Wilder next are thus far unsubstantiated.

2 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

The Aberdeen Assassin moving up 9 divisions to stop and retire the man that sparked our Mike Tyson though. Probably the biggest story in professional sport. Rumours of a money spinning world title shot at Wilder next are thus far unsubstantiated.

Unbelievable. I was wanting to go to it but none of my mates could be arsed they thought Lee would be ko’d inside 3 rounds.

Would people like to see Uysk AJ? Seems to be a bit of talk of Hearn co promoting Uysk with the view of making that fight happen.

Yes, I would absolutely love it. Oleksandr is unifying that division when he moves up, absolutely no doubt in my mind. A total swag daddy.

Give it 18 months and I can quite comfortably see Usyk as the undisputed Cruiserweight and Heavyweight world champion, and Lomachenko as the undisputed p4p boxer on the planet. The Ukrainians are some boys.