Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

15 fights, cruiserweight division unified. How many fights before Usyk moves up, and how many before he unifies the heavyweight division? His footwork is so good that I genuinely think he could coast it. Baller.

Dave Allen vs Nick Webb added to Whyte-Parker card on Saturday.

Worst PPV card Sky have put on under Eddie Hearn?

Main event, by all means, has the potential to be very tasty. Chisora-Takam should be a belter.

3 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Dave Allen vs Nick Webb added to Whyte-Parker card on Saturday.

Worst PPV card Sky have put on under Eddie Hearn?

Main event, by all means, has the potential to be very tasty. Chisora-Takam should be a belter.

Allen v Webb is replacing Eggington-Cook after Eggington pulled out. They're hopeful of having that fight on Joshua or Khan's undercard.

2 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Yeah, but that appears to be cycling, so no one really gives the slightest fucking care about it.

Kalle and Oleksandr though? Absolute top boys.

I loved when they silicon rubbered the gravoply label to it. #classy

15 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

According to reports, Groves Smith to fight in Saudi.

Friday 28th September I read today. Not sure why it's a Friday; I remember the WWE's Saudi event being on a Friday evening also so it's maybe when they'd prefer it. Certainly be no ring card girls at this....

Did anyone catch the Joseph Parker 'Metamorphosis' show on Sky Sports during the week? It's mostly building up to the Joshua fight and wee bits after. He seems a really nice guy but some of the guys from within his camp (his trainer and promoter in particular; and a few in Joshua's for that matter) seemed like total bellends. Shows you Higgins proper practicing the wee jokes he was making to Hearn about the 'silver spoon on his breath and all that'. 

Best bit was when there was a dispute over the hand wraps for Joshua. A wee older guy from Joshua's camp said it's never been a problem before and Vitali Klitschko used to do it. Kevin Barry says 'Vitali has been retired a long time' and the wee guy from Joshua's camp says 'Yeah....Josh retired him!' Got very awkward when Barry had to explain to him that he had the wrong brother.

31 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

All 3 heavyweight fights, Whyte-Parker, Takam-Chisora and Webb-Allen are guaranteed to be absolute borefests, as is Katie Taylor and Buatsi vs a bum. Then you’re left with Fowler and Benn in a rematch against a journeyman who beat him.

I can see the Whyte-Parker fight being intriguing enough to keep folks attention. Not suggesting it'll be a classic by any means though.