Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

People believing fury was just playing with that guy so he can get rounds in [emoji23]fury couldn’t knock out Amir Kahn if he was fighting him.

He’s an awkward hard to hit boxer that will always go to win on points because he doesn’t have the power.

Sparing and training is for your fitness when you go into a supposed competitive fight you go there to win as best you can as quick as you can if he could of knocked that guy out in the first round he would of as it would get more people excited and will to dig into their pockets to watch the next fight but instead it was another snooze fest.

I don’t rate wilder one bit he’s a one trick pony 40 fights and he’s fought 1 decent boxer it’s fucking embarrassing he’s cherry picked his opponents that he believes he can’t lose and a fury that isn’t quite back to full speed he sees as his best chance of beating a uk boxer.

I honestly think Joseph Parker would beat them both in current condition.

2 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

It just shows you it’s all about opinions. I thought Fury could have went up several gears if he needed to. He showed short bursts of his class each round.

Of course he could have.  It's about opinions but also ignorance.  

2 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

It just shows you it’s all about opinions. I thought Fury could have went up several gears if he needed to. He showed short bursts of his class each round.

Aye, those short bursts of class were a pretty clear indication that he was fighting within himself I thought.

1 hour ago, LargsTON said:

Of course he could have.  It's about opinions but also ignorance.  

He pretty much admitted as such himself when he said he needed the rounds and wanted the distance. He could definitely have gone up a gear or two if he wanted to  

5 hours ago, Detournement said:

Even before he ruined himself with coke and kebabs Fury had a questionable chin.

His punch resistance has to be worse now and if he has to lose more weight it'll get worse. Add that to carrying no power and you are talking about a HW Amir Khan,

So not retracting your claim that they are going for the racist angle to promote the fight then, H_B? 

4 hours ago, Cowshed Chris said:

Helenius was impossible to knock out as he wasn’t interested in getting involved in the fight. In any case, Whyte has improved remarkably since 2016 - that’s undeniable.
He’d deal with a very suspect Fury IMO.

He has a punchers chance, no more. He is chronic, living off one shot against AJ and defeating a version of Browne that was worse than Pianeta. He fluked the Parker decision thanks to the headbutt call. He was chronic against club level fighters in Allen and Lewinson(who Joyce dealt with comfortably in his first pro fight). Whyte has clear stamina issues as well. 

3 hours ago, buddies1877 said:

People believing fury was just playing with that guy so he can get rounds in emoji23.pngfury couldn’t knock out Amir Kahn if he was fighting him.

He’s an awkward hard to hit boxer that will always go to win on points because he doesn’t have the power.

Sparing and training is for your fitness when you go into a supposed competitive fight you go there to win as best you can as quick as you can if he could of knocked that guy out in the first round he would of as it would get more people excited and will to dig into their pockets to watch the next fight but instead it was another snooze fest.

I don’t rate wilder one bit he’s a one trick pony 40 fights and he’s fought 1 decent boxer it’s fucking embarrassing he’s cherry picked his opponents that he believes he can’t lose and a fury that isn’t quite back to full speed he sees as his best chance of beating a uk boxer.

I honestly think Joseph Parker would beat them both in current condition.

I honestly don't know where to start with this drivel. Parker has shown nothing in his career to suggest he'd get anywhere near Wilder or Fury. You criticise Wilder's record - Parker's best win is a questionable decision against Andy Ruiz Jr. He was gutless against AJ and awful against Whyte.

Wilder on his record has Ortiz, Stiverne, even Liakhovich as better wins that Parker's best. His record compares to any current heavyweight, no matter what fast Eddie tells you. 

There's no point in dealing with your points about Fury tbh, clearly just a Gypsy King hater. You obviously know nothing about boxing.

I honestly don't know where to start with this drivel. Parker has shown nothing in his career to suggest he'd get anywhere near Wilder or Fury. You criticise Wilder's record - Parker's best win is a questionable decision against Andy Ruiz Jr. He was gutless against AJ and awful against Whyte.

Wilder on his record has Ortiz, Stiverne, even Liakhovich as better wins that Parker's best. His record compares to any current heavyweight, no matter what fast Eddie tells you. 

There's no point in dealing with your points about Fury tbh, clearly just a Gypsy King hater. You obviously know nothing about boxing.

Striverne and liakhovich great boxers[emoji106]

Wilder would never fight Parker because his style and chin only been put down once and that was a head butt in the Whyte fight.

Give me Whyte v Parker again any day of the week over watching fury’s and wilders last fights.

Their is a reason for all the acting scenes going on not many will be willing to part with their cash to watch an exhibition match which it’s very much looking like.

Wilder struggles to get 15k fans in to watch him[emoji23]

Wilder would clean Parker out. Having a good chin means absolutely nothing when Wilder lands on you.

Parker is terrible. Beat a shot Ruiz to win the belt and looked dung ever since particularly against anyone of note. Picked up an easy belt at the time and cashed out fair play to the kid but there is absolutely zero evidence Parker is an elite heavyweight.

I would give Charles Martin a shout against him.

5 hours ago, buddies1877 said:

Striverne and liakhovich great boxersemoji106.png

Wilder would never fight Parker because his style and chin only been put down once and that was a head butt in the Whyte fight.

Give me Whyte v Parker again any day of the week over watching fury’s and wilders last fights.

Their is a reason for all the acting scenes going on not many will be willing to part with their cash to watch an exhibition match which it’s very much looking like.

Wilder struggles to get 15k fans in to watch himemoji23.png

Course you'd rather see Whyte v Parker. That's what Eddie told you to think

18 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

FAO anyone who genuinely believes that Tyson Fury couldn’t have knocked Pianeta out at any point he wanted:

According to the commentator he was asking if it was the last round?

17 minutes ago, Cowshed Chris said:

Not loading for me. What is it?

Footage from the fight showing Tyson Fury apparently asking Ben Davis "if he should take him out now?"  before the start of the final round.   Davis responding "No."